Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,368   Online: 1011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ?El Nikor

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

?El Nikor

I have a 210 5.6 El Nikor...got in a trade for "stuff" I am assuming this is a enlarging lense since i have some el nikors for my d2v? It is a large lense..........

Is this for enlarging only or at all.....

Thanks again
    Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'd think it was an enlarging lens for 5x7".
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The El designation is/was the Nikon way of saying I am an enlarging lens . I have heardd of people trying use it as a taking lens but don't know about the results.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks wow that was fast....I think I have all the parts for an old 5 x 7 (was able to get the manual for it ((Elwood)) from a kind fellow apug member a week or so ago....so that is good news.....this lens looks absolutely new...I have a 190 7.5 inch wallensak pro raptar I have just unwrapped that came with the enlarger parts....supposed to cover 5 x 7

will have to "A" "B" them

Images
    I use a 180mm for 57, but use the 210 El Nikkor for 810. It covers and is just fine with a 1212 light source.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    The El designation is/was the Nikon way of saying I am an enlarging lens . I have heardd of people trying use it as a taking lens but don't know about the results.
    From first hand experience...Spectacular bokeh and not much else!!!

I have both 75mm and 50mm EL-Nikors for my 23CII. They are both LTM so one day I decided to try them out on my FED5 for laughs (the FED is LTM). With the 75mm stopped down to f22, one can just sorta make out the vague outline of distant objects F4 is a total write-off!

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power
    From first hand experience...Spectacular bokeh and not much else!!!

I have both 75mm and 50mm EL-Nikors for my 23CII. They are both LTM so one day I decided to try them out on my FED5 for laughs (the FED is LTM). With the 75mm stopped down to f22, one can just sorta make out the vague outline of distant objects F4 is a total write-off!

Kent
    Enlarging lenses have no focusing mount. It stands to reason that you need to have some sort of focusing device if you plan to use it as a taking lens. This is usually accomplished with a bellows like a PB-4 for Nikon. Pentax made one for their screw mount cameras as well. All you need is an adapter on the lens end to mate the 39mm Leica scre mount to the bellows. Works great for copying flat art.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I once had a 180mm Schneider Companon mounted in a Compur shutter. It made more than decent 4X5 negs even enlarged to 16X20. It eventually developed a severe case of schneider-itis and I sold it for a song.
    I also had a cheap 75mm something-or-another mounted in a prontor press shutter. I unscrewed the lens from the shutter and taped a 80mm vivitar enlarging lens to that. Did I get some weird negs with that!
    dphphoto

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dphphoto
    I once had a 180mm Schneider Companon mounted in a Compur shutter. It made more than decent 4X5 negs even enlarged to 16X20. It eventually developed a severe case of schneider-itis and I sold it for a song.
    Er, what's schneider-itis?

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Plastic aperture blades that warp and disintegrate.
    Gary Beasley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin