Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,012   Online: 868

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Schneider APO HM 150mm lens - Sleeves

I have recently purchased a Schneider APO HM 150mm lens. It came with two accessories which I don't recognize. One is a translucent sleeve which Schneider's website shows as being mounted around the rear barrel (placing it inside the enlarger lens cone). The other accessory is an aluminum sleeve that looks a lot like some kind of lens shade but I suspect has something to do with mounting the lens in a particular enlarger. I will try to attach a picture for clarification. Can anyone tell me what the translucent plastic sleeve is for and how it is used and even what the other aluminum sleeve is.

Thanks,

John O
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails schneider-APO-150mm-hm.jpg  

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quick guess...

The plastic cone is a light guide, piping light down to the illuminated aperture scale. And the aluminium "sleeve" is an extension lens board (or a sunken lens board) for some enlarger.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The metal one looks like the lens board/cone/whatever for our Saunders LPL 4500. Tough to tell how big it is, but that is what I suspect it is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
    The metal one looks like the lens board/cone/whatever for our Saunders LPL 4500. Tough to tell how big it is, but that is what I suspect it is.

Paul is correct about the metal adapter. It is for Saunders/LPL enlargers. I have three of these. I am however looking for one in a 42mm mount. If that is the size of the one shown, AND you don't need it, I would be happy to take it offyour hands.

g

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Our local shop has a 42mm board for half off of their regular price. I think it is about $20 but I am not 100% sure. (They might even let me weasel them down a little )
    I would be happy to get it for you and ship it along to you. Actually, they might also offer shipping so you can save sales tax, I can check on that for you. Let me know.

Paul.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Paul, I will check tonight and let you know what diameter mount it is. If it is a 42mm we can probably work something out.

John

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ole,

You are quite right the plastic sleeve serves to guide a very soft light to the illuminated aperture dial below.

Thanks for the information, you were right on.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin