Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,225   Online: 1035

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Omega Enlarger lamp died! Need info

I've got Dichroic colorhead on my D2 and the writing on the lamp says GE usa 12 amd 22.5v. On the other side it says Omega Part 471-029. Is this 250watts? It's got a smooth reflector like the one listed below.
    Freestylephoto.biz has a bunch but they are 24volt. All i care about is color and getting the same output as i had. Anyone know a source?
    Is the one below what i need?
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_pro...t_id=&pid=1818
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I consulted Dr. Google and found this listing. It indicates that the Omega D Dichroic used a 250W, 24v bulb, ANSI code ELC.

http://donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/t.pl/..._automega.html

If you call TopBulb.com and give them the Omega #, they will send the proper bulbs.

I have a bunch at home, but they are not in Omega boxes.

Without a Chromegatrol or the accessory volt stab on the rear of the power supply, you will blow bulbs pretty fast. The volt stab is about 1.5 " sq and 6 in long and mounts vertically on the back side. It has a perforated metal housing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Google 'Classic Omega Enlargers' and you will come across a web-site completely devoted to Omegas; it's run by a Harry somethingorother. He buys refurbishes and sells Omegas and knows everything that there is to know about Omegas.

Hope that this helps,
    Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    35mm
    I have purchased several bulbs from Harry somethingorother and have been very pleased. The cost was reasonable and the service was great.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Harry Taylor at www.classic-enlargers.com - I just acquired a D2, and he was
    very helpful to this darkroom rookie...
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin