Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,955   Online: 767

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enlarging Times

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "20~25 sec is good for me. Means burning or dodging times aren't impractically short.
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Images
    This is interesting. Enlarging being a generally solitary pursuit, you tend to arrive at your habits and preferences in a vacuum and sometimes you wonder how your own techniques match those of others who are working away in their own darkrooms. I especially relate to the comments on manipulation. In that 15-25 second range, my burns and dodges feel smooth and natural, at 60 secs they feel clumsy and unsure, I have to count along with my audible to know how much of a burn I'm giving and can hopefully repeat it.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Most come in between 24 to 36 seconds with 24 being optimum for a base exposure. I make the exposure in 3's; 3, 6, 9 12, 15 etc. Anything longer than 36 seonds seems to take forever.The same for the burns and dodges, increments of 3. For me manipulations at less than a 24 second base seem to be erratic and more noticable.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Seems I watched too much TV as a kid as well. I max my base exposures between 16-20 seconds f11 with a V54 cold light and prefer short burn times, 6-7 seconds. I have a programable timer which helps immensely.
    Chris Saganich
    http://www.imagebrooklyn.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin