Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,260   Online: 812

Shooter
    Multi Format

omega D5 negative tray

The D5 I just got has had the hole reamed out larger where the negative carrier goes. Anyone have an idea as to why someone would do this? Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I cut the corners out of D2 because i wanted to pring the entire negative which wasn't possible before without vignetting on the corners. That's my 2cents.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is on the negative stage of the enlarger itself not the neg carrier. Sorry for the confusion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, that's what i meant. I filed out the angled corners to make the projected image a perfect rectangle.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

You should not have to do this as the stage is square and 4x5 negs are rectangular and fit within the confines of the not cut areas either horizontal or vertical composition.

Now if you want to print 5x5, you probably need to do this.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Images
    The D5 I just got has had the hole reamed out larger where the negative carrier goes. Anyone have an idea as to why someone would do this? Thanks in advance.
    Just a guess, but they were probably using a non-Omega neg carrier and had to adapt the enlarger to the carrier. Or, I could be wrong ...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin