Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,544   Posts: 1,544,429   Online: 1065

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Konical
    Good Evening, Zhenya,

I make contact sheets from negatives of any size I shoot. I use 8 1/2 x 11 Kodabrome II RC, #2 grade for all the sheets. The contact sheet not only provides a handy record for filing but also has plenty of space on the back for noting enlargement data for the individual negatives.

Konical
    Doh! I never thought of that... Excellent idea - saves all those bits of paper falling out! Consider that idea stolen

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I make contact proofs of all negs, even 4x5s. I like to file the proof and the negs in folders along with a printout from a database I record exposure info, developing data and printing details in.

I used to make low contrast proofs but have gravitated back to normal contrast ones as my film exposure and processing has improved and gotten more consistant.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do with 35mm when i shoot it but that's it. How the hell can you make a contact proof of 10 6x7 negs when only 9 fit in the sleeve? This drives me crazy when i want to store them. Usually as soon as my 4x5 and 6x7 negs they are dry i scan them. This gives me a pretty good idea of what to expect when enlarging and i can also use the good scans for my website someday. I'd rather scan prints for that but i rarely print smaller than 11x14.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill
    ... How the hell can you make a contact proof of 10 6x7 negs when only 9 fit in the sleeve? This drives me crazy when i want to store them. ...
    You're using the wrong sleeves...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've never seen sleeves that will hold 10 individual 6x7cm negs and can be contact printed on 8x10 paper. How about a print file number?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I can't remember the number, and I'm 300km away from home. But mine are made by Panodia.
    Besides they won't fit on 8x10" paper - as I said I use 9.5x12" paper, which is just a little bit larger than the negative pages. That way the negs show up against the white back of the next contact sheet when they're in the album.

There are HAMA 00002289.
    And Printfile #020-0200.

But neither will fit on 8x10"!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use RC paper to make a proof sheets of all my 120 rolls. Its a good way to evaluate negatives that might make good candidates for finished prints. Currently my filing system consists of a pile in the corner of my darkrook. One of these days I'll get around to organizing them! lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Proof prints!?! I do straight 6x6cm prints as final images. They look great in pd/pt matted floating on 11x14.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I too do all mine on cheap 8 x 10 or A4 RC paper at 1/2 grade contrast and with a Paterson contact printer. The low contrast tends to iron out any little exposure variations for the negs. I use them mostly for identification and then file the contact with the negs. I put a cigarette pack over an unused bit of the paper during exposure to leave a white area onto which I can write the film code and any other relevant information. As for exposure, I do a test strip for the first sheet out of the box then use the resulting best setting for the rest, unless there is obviously a reason to do a new test.

David.

wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I contact print all of my 120 and 35mm negs on Ilford Perl RC paper. I tried scanning the negs for proofing but as others have stated it really does not help with printing in the darkroom. Some negs I can look at and know what I wnat to do without the contact but this is rare for me. The contact prints are a big help.
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin