Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,675   Online: 781

Thread: Printing layout

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

Printing layout

Recently I realized that I print a lot just to show or give away naked, unmounted pictures to my friends/family. And I came to layout where I leave fairly wide white borders around the picture, say for 9.5"x12" it is taken only something like 6"x9" for print itself. It gives easy, attractive and safe way to display pictures.

May be my question will look silly, but now I'm really curious how the other printing people organize paper plane for enlarging their photos?
    Best regards,
    Evgeny

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like wide borders to handle prints with, and they look classy too. However, my easels aren't condusive to printing with as wide borders as you manage, about an inch is the most I can get. I do print 35mm full frame on 8x10 paper which gives a 6"x9" image. My std prints from 645 and 4x5 negs are on 8x10 paper with a 1cm border as I use a fixed easel usually. If I use my 12x16 easel, then I'll make the borders as big as it allows (about 1 inch)

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Nige,

Thanks for the feedback. You can do borders of virtually any size with four-blades easel and strips of cardboard for masking surface not covered by blades.
    Best regards,
    Evgeny

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yes, I'm working up to the purchase of a 4 bladed easel!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Have a look at that Bay place. I picked up an oldie for about 110 AUD including postage.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bgav
    Recently I realized that I print a lot just to show or give away naked, unmounted pictures to my friends/family. And I came to layout where I leave fairly wide white borders around the picture, say for 9.5"x12" it is taken only something like 6"x9" for print itself. It gives easy, attractive and safe way to display pictures.

May be my question will look silly, but now I'm really curious how the other printing people organize paper plane for enlarging their photos?
    Bgav, I agree that wide borders assist in handling; however I print everything with ¼ inch (~ 6mm) borders. I do this primarily because I use precut boards.

I sign in the print itself, rather than on the border or on the mat.

Pete
    "…Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."

Frank Tibolt

WWW.DENDRINOS FINE ART.COM

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin