Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,535   Online: 967

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

2 lenses i snagged and 3 i couldn't

I was on a shoot @ GMT studios in culver city yesterday when a loud crash was heard outside. This woke me up so i wandered outside to investigate. Two men were carrying something large down the steps of the building next door into the back of a recycling truck. It looked like a giant hydraulic press or something but i also noticed a large bellows. I ran over and sure enough, they had some sort of copy enlarger thingy. The bellows were about 20x24" and a 210mm lens was attached along with a 150mm lens in a spare board mounted in a rack. I asked and they obliged. If my car was big enough i probably would have taken the whole thing.
    Now i've got 2 "repromaster" f9 enlarging lenses.
    About 20 minutes later more noise pissed the director off so i went to investigate. I didn't care about the noise but i did want to see what else they had. This time it was a larger orange thingy that said Agfa someting or other on it and had a load of buttons on the face and a huge lid that opened up top. It weighed a few hunded pounds and made quite a crash when it fell off the dolly. It was in mint condition and had a 305mm, 210mm, and a 150mm in pristine condition. I couldn't see a brand name. I worked as fast as i could to free them up without success for a couple minutes till the director called me back inside.
    I'm not sure what you use such a machine for but it was a shame that they were going to melt it down. The 3 lenses were in line and all the aperture rings connected to one common lever that would stop them down simultaniously. There was a disc that rotated to cover up whichever lens wasn't in use. I coudn't get at the jam nuts to get them loose.
    Does anyone know anything about these machines and the lenses i did get?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Both lenses say "lens made in w.-germany. Someone's got to know something about these.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that the repromaster lenses are process lenses that could be used for enlarging or for large format photography. They may also be mountable in a shutter. There was a lot of information on LF info. This link should give you the search results for repromaster there. Apparently they have scads of coverage.

Paul.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Agfa Repromaster lenses are reputed to be very good repro (not enlarger) lenses, and are often used on LF cameras. They are said to perform well at infinity, and since they are being dumped in the thousands they are now very cheap and good LF taking lenses. Just like just about every other repro lens they are now cheap alternatives to "real" lenses, even though a new repro lens cost more than an entire LF outfit (lenses included).
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin