Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,913   Online: 965

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Large print sizes, which enlarger?

Hi all,
    I am new here, great place to visit and hang out!

I have a question regarding print sizes: I own a C760 dichro, which works well enough, and a Fujimoto cp31, which can handle up to 11x14.
    Thinking about upgrading to a CP51 to be able to print 20x24, and I'm guessing that my enlarger will run out of column before I hit the corners of the paper.
    Am I right assuming that?

What maximum print size do you all get off a 6x7 neg with a 90mm lens on a C760 XL, or what enlarger can you recommend for large prints? (Btw, I have a "wanted" ad posted, for an Omega D series, if anyone here has one for sale, PM me!)

Cheers,
    Imke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know that enlarger, but I once mounted an enlarger on the wall, then if I needed to make large prints I pulled out the table and projected the negative on the floor.

Mike D

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have a C67 condenser and I use it with a Nikon 90mm. Sadly though I cant answer your question because I wall mounted it!. Now it does 40x30 easy, but if I remember rightly it sort of did very near 20x24 - it has a nice long column.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But how stable would it be that high up? I'd suggest considering a 4x5 enlarger. Even then you have to check and make sure it'll handle it. My Beseler will do that size on the baseboard but my Durst would need wall projection. The Durst tends to go straight up while the Beseler is slanted.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you all, I guess I will be ditching my C760 and get an Omega D instead, I thought about wall mounting the C, but was, like Nick, concerned about stability.
    Oh well, another piece of equipment, can't be bad, eh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have to admit the enlarger that I wall mounted was a very light Bogen. This was 30+ years ago.

Mike D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Printing that large, you will run out of light, as well !

Today, Durst 1200 and 900 enlargers are almost given away. They will easily do what you want to do. Plus, they have a neat neutral density channel so you can tweak exposure without mucking up reciprocity failure...

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin