Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,148   Posts: 1,613,925   Online: 1211

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

focussing carrier with half-mask - what's that?

I'm trying to find negative carriers (18x24mm and 6x4.5cm) for my Fujimoto G70. A contact in Japan notified me that there's a "focussing carrier with a half-mask" available. The question is: What's that? A carrier with only one glass or... Anyone here at APUG who knows better? (The guy in Japan wasn't sure either...)
    - You will develop when you become an analog photographer / Exposed Material / Monochromes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anyone? ... please!
    - You will develop when you become an analog photographer / Exposed Material / Monochromes

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear abeku,

I have seen negative carriers that have adjustable blades to mask portions of the negative, but I have no idea if that is the case here.

Good luck.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is just a guess.

I note that the two sizes you are referring to, 18mm x 24mm and 4.5cm x 6 cm are, respectively, 1/2 of a 35mm frame, and 1/2 of a 9 cm x 6cm frame.

By chance, are these "half-frame" sizes, to be used with a "half-mask" carrier?

Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also just making an (allegedly) educated guess... Some enlargers have focussing systems built in to the negative carrier to avoid the need for focussing magnifiers (some Meoptas have them). As Matt says, 18x24 is half-frame 35mm (Pentax, amongst others, made cameras for this size). 6x4.5cm is a standard 120 film size (Bronica 645 etc)

So, I would guess that the carrier in question is a 35mm carrier with a half-frame mask and a built-in focussing system.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you all! Your replies have been of the greatest value to me!
    cheers!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin