Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,194   Online: 1113

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    45vxl II with condencer, but it is a get by till I can put an Ilford 500 head on it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Dunbar
    Beseler 45MX with Aristo cold light head. I don't think I could go back to condensors. But I would like voltage control on the cold light head.

Earl

Ok,

I have a 45MCRX with condensor, and I have a D2R Aristo cold light. Now, where do I get an adapter to put the two systems together?

I also have a DII with all the condensors 35mm, MF, and the huge 6 inch 4x5 condensors. Along with numerous neg holders, what am I going to do with this?

I have a B22XL with both condensor and color dichro heads for it and a Beseler 67S color with both mixing boxes for it. Somethings gotta give. Any and all offers for trades will be considered.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Beseler 45 Dichro on 45 VXL enlarger for 4x5 and smaller negatives. I like it although I too would consider an LED light source. I keep waiting for Calumet to start shipping theirs. I get tired of dialing in the filtration for split contrast printing. Also don't like the noise of the cooling fan and the light leaks.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Saunders/LPL 6700 dichroic for everything 6x7 and smaller.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I used to use an Omega D2 with both an aristo coldlight head and matching condensers for mf and 4x5. I like the condensers, atleast for mf. The 4x5 glass condenser for the Omega D2 is fragile and a scratch, pitt or bubble inside the glass (Mine had all three) will show up in the print. The Coldlight solved this, but the prints seemed to have more 'snap'.

Especially my MF negatives with condenser, pushed tri-x with acufine. I _loved_ the grain and grit. With the coldlight, the prints lacked this 'snap'. It could all be subjection but I saw the difference.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ilford VC head, which is basically a dicroic color head, but with only two filters. I used to think I liked the condenser better, but I think I was just being fooled by higher contrast. I have stayed away from cold light becuase of the rumors of variability of the light output. Probably not a problem, but the hot lights work fine for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter
    Ok,

I have a 45MCRX with condensor, and I have a D2R Aristo cold light. Now, where do I get an adapter to put the two systems together?

I also have a DII with all the condensors 35mm, MF, and the huge 6 inch 4x5 condensors. Along with numerous neg holders, what am I going to do with this?

I have a B22XL with both condensor and color dichro heads for it and a Beseler 67S color with both mixing boxes for it. Somethings gotta give. Any and all offers for trades will be considered.

tim in san jose
    Tim: I don't know. Truthfully, I used DUCT TAPE to secure the Aristo to the stage. Can't remember what I did for a permanent solution. Maybe a machine shop could help.

Earl
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter
    Ok,

tim in san jose
    Tim, I don't see a D2R in the Artisto site. Here is info on an adapter collar for the Beseler 4X5 P/N BES-CL.

Adapter

--John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had both, and didn't care for the cold light. You really need a stabilizer, which cuts back on the light output.
    I use a Beseler 4X5 MCRX purchased new in 1972 and still in alignment (I've moved it 4 times. I've always followed the directions in the booklet.) Condensers are no problem if you make your negs thin enough. Dean
    dphphoto

Shooter
    35mm
    I use a Fuji/LPL enlarger with a condenser head. It's an Omega D series enlarger substitute, basically. And I switch the lens: Nikkor 63mm and Fujinon 50mm, 90mm depending on the quality of the 35mm neg when I print.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin