Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,267   Posts: 1,534,343   Online: 795

Shooter
    Medium Format

Is there a downside to using an adjustable lensboard?

I have a Beseler 45MXII. I have been able to make the carrier stage parallel to the easel but I am not able to get the lens / lensboard parallel....is there any downside to using an adjsutable lensboard to allow an easier method of making the lens stage parallel?

Thanks in advance

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Todd,
    I don't know your options on a Beseler 45MXII, but there are adjustable lensplates (the quick release plates, not lensboards) for Durst Enlagers (BIMAPLA). Maybe they'll fit your beseler or there are similar ones for it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Calumet has sold in the past and probably currently continues to sell adjustable lens boards that are made for the Beseler 45 and 23 series enlargers. There were two principal manufacurers supplying this type of board, Delta and Zone VI. I have in the past made some use of this type of board. It has a soft foam insert between two metal plates and three hex head cap screws that allows the optical plane of the lens to be adjusted left to right and front to back.

Yes, they are useful. The drawback may be in how often you change from one lens to another..the more you handle and touch the lens the greater are your chances in modifying the plane established.

You would do yourself a favor to regularly check that your enlargers alignment
    has not changed.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does the 45MXII have a tilting lens stage? Maybe it's not set to neutral.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin