Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,405   Online: 1043

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Under lens safelight.

I purchased a cromatek enlarger effects kit from a camera fair recently. It's a bit like a Cokin filter holder that sits underneath the lens. It is quite well made and I really only got it 'coz there wasn't much else worth buying. Anyway, the trouble is that when it's use, I'm unable to use the swing-in red filter on the enlarger. Now I suppose I could do with out the red filter, but in practise it is very useful and I'd rather not do without it. Is there a filter out there that I can use in my newly acquired toy that'll do the same job as the swing-in? Something about the same size as a Cokin P series filter would suffice. Regards, BLIGHTY
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A few layers of red acetate from the local arts supply shop should do it: I use some as a filter over my laptop's screen. Not going to work if you need it to be optically pure though.

Must ask: what do you use it for? I always remove mine as it just gets in the way...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Must ask: what do you use it for? I always remove mine as it just gets in the way...
    Hiya Bob! I use the swing-in (amongst other things) for positioning test-strips in the right place in the easel, also for accurate placement of burning/dodging masks etc. I know sometimes they can be a PITA, but I'd sooner have one than not.
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was puzzled there too for a while. The only use I've ever found for the swing red filter was a convenient place to stick my RH flasher lamp on. However I left the wretched thing in place one time too many when making an exposure, that it's now in a draw with all the other assorted darkroom junk.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin