Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,353   Online: 825

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Anupam Basu
    Is there an enlarger that will let me do both MF and 35mm and be cheap and compact - I need to fit it into a closet after use and so compact and light is good!

Thanks,
    -Anupam
    Omega B22.

If you want a color head, get the Chromega B - they're even cheaper than the B22's.

35mm, 645, 6x6.

I agree that the Besseler 23c will do 6x9, but it is larger and heavier!!

David
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    The Beseler 23C goes to 6x9.
    Haven't seen a 23C in close to 2 decades, and never used one, so didn't recall the 6x9 capacity. Thanks for the reminder. But IIRC, it's not small, right? Doesn't it have the wide, braced back frame instead of a column.

Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    I got the 23C and a 67C for $40 total (including a couple of lenses and old spiders...).
    Cool... what were they asking for the spiders alone? Or were they charging more if you didn't take the spiders?

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L
    Haven't seen a 23C in close to 2 decades, and never used one, so didn't recall the 6x9 capacity. Thanks for the reminder. But IIRC, it's not small, right? Doesn't it have the wide, braced back frame instead of a column.

Cool... what were they asking for the spiders alone? Or were they charging more if you didn't take the spiders?

Lee

I guess it just looks small now that I have 2 LF enlargers in my garage! If I can fit one in my car, I will deliver the 4x5 to my brother for Thanksgiving.

I was going to clean it up, but I figure the enlarger and old spiders can just get packed in a big garbage bag. Hmmm, that seems to be the logic the person who gave the enlargers to me used!

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not sure how available they are where you are, but the Meopta Magnifax 4 will cover up to 6x9.

Cheers, Bob.

Images
    Omega B 22s are nice up to 6x6, pretty compact and there always seems to be some on eBay.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For sheer cheapness you can go for the old Federals enlargers from the 1950s. Mine tends to vignette at the corners of 6x9 though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an Omega B-22 I use exclusively for 35mm, but it will cover 6x6 nicely. I just use my D-II for that, and 4x5. SImple enlarger to use, built well, and usually cost more to ship then it will to buy, got mine delivered to the doorstop with all condensers, neg holder, and a schnider 50mm componon for $75.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use a Meopta Opemus 6 that goes up to 6x6. Pretty alright as an enlarger, though not as sturdy as I'd like it to be.

I think its cheaper than the LPL/Saunders or Beseler equivalents brand new, but if you have a large used enlarger market then that consideration sorta goes out the window.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know for shure but Meoptas enlargers, being comming from former Earstern Europe country, Chezkoslovakia (now Czeck republic) were allways cheaper than Western products. And if you look at prices of new products Meopta is still cheaper than Dursd, LPL, etc... So, look at some enlargers from former USSR or former Eastern Europe countries. Especially secondhand. I belive those are cheapest.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Not sure how available they are where you are, but the Meopta Magnifax 4 will cover up to 6x9.

Cheers, Bob.
    True. I have Magnifax 4, and it goes up to 6x9. But it is out of production. New version, still in production is Magnifax 4a. Try www.meopta.cz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin