Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,019   Online: 920

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Wooooooo-hoo! Second day in new darkroom!

Hello you good analog people, happy Thanksgiving to y'all!

Today I want to give thanks to the gods of light and dark(rooms), as I have just re-emerged from my second day of color printing in my first self-built custom-made super-duper light-tight extra-nice good-looking great-working DARKROOM, and, can you tell? am on cloud nine-and-a-half.

Between prints I was looking at the set-up (two color enlargers, an angled board for print viewing with color balanced light fixtures above, my little Fujimoto processor securely and PERMANENTLY installed above the ole bath tub, humming away, water filter gurgling, the trusted fan sucking fumes out, paper boxes stacked on the table, enlarging lenses lined up waiting to be used, the black wall, the ipod playing cool jazz ....) and realized: I never had it this good darkroom-wise!

After moving away from NY (and its great rental facilities), I have printed in tiny bathrooms, with the processor needing to be set-up and broken down for every session, I've printed in other people's outdoor shower stalls, stinking hot in summer and freezing cold in winter, I've printed in a friends laundry room, tiptoeing around folks eating dinner (thanks Joel!), and finally feel like I've arrived: Space! Good equipment! Proper drainage! Balanced light! And: a little kitchen to make espresso!

So, I've hugged all available roommates already (I am sharing a house with 4 painters, the house is all studios, nobody lives there permanently), and still have excitement to share, so I thought I'd do it here.
    (And hope I've landed in the right forum.)

Anyway, thanks to all who've shared their knowledge along the way, directly and indirectly, and again: happy Thanksgiving!

And Niko: trust me, it gets better!
    Imke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congrats;

sounds like an awesome setup. How about sharing some pics of it?

Cheers,
    Chris
    [SIZE=1]Tiptoeing through life's grand theater - and falling down flat.[/SIZE]

Images
    Yeah, Imke. Get some shots into the " Darkroom Portraits" thread and congrats on the new darkroom. A nicely laid out, comfortable place to work is a joy.
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by big_ben_blue
    How about sharing some pics of it?
    Will do, once I find the cables for my digital ...

Imke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great post, best wishes for continued success.... I have a tiny basement darkroom I haul water to, I'd be jealous if I wasn't so happy to have it...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin