Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,889   Online: 1143

Shooter
    35mm

Durst 138 Manual

Hi

I've just bought an old, but beautiful and massive(!) Durst 138 and hope to enter the world of LF soon -- those of you who own one will probably know the feeling, esp when looking at the huge condensors. I am looking for the manual, if there is anyone out there that would be so kind to scan and email me a copy I would appreciate it a lot !!

Cheers
    Dawid

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    I have two... of the enlargers, that is..
    I'll check whether I have a manual, but I doubt it.

However, it is very easy to use, and a fine enlarger.
    when you open the plate in front of the condensers, you'll see what condensors goes to what negative size. (I think you know (?))

any questions on how to - just ask, and I'll see if I can answer..

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    here's a link for the 138sp: http://www.jensen-optical.com/l138spcls.htm

I have a manual for the 138s and it appears nearly identical.

regards,

mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    The differences that I noted between the Jensen site and my manual are that there is no differing designation for Rodagon and Companon lenses and the appropriate condensers for the different manufacturers and focal lengths.

In my manual Companon is listed up to 240 mm focal length and the Rodagon up to 180 mm focal length. The condensers differ for the same focal length between manufacturers in some of focal lengths both in focusing point and also in condenser type. Some us a 240R and a 240H as opposed to a conventional 240. This applies to opal lamp light source.

Point light sources use condensers with a "t" suffix.

Shooter
    35mm

Durst 138

Thanks for the link to the manual - I have cleaned the monster / sanded down the wood table and will be doing my first LF prints shortly.

Cheers
    Dawid

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dawid_burger
    Thanks for the link to the manual - I have cleaned the monster / sanded down the wood table and will be doing my first LF prints shortly.

Cheers
    Dawid
    I can copy the manuals I have and mail them to you at the cost of copying, if you wish.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin