Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,954   Posts: 1,522,778   Online: 988
      
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    8

    How are these printed?

    http://www.uknet.com/gallery/Signedpics?page=1

    Not sure what paper/film they're using but these photos have a very nice smoothness with dark tones. Could they be optical or digital? Transparency or negative film? hmmm..

  2. #2
    Andy K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sunny Southend, England.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    9,422
    Images
    81
    Without seeing the actual photographs it is impossible to tell.
    However, seeing as it is a business selling 'signed' photographs, the chances are they are ink reproductions. Generally these are crappy inkjet reproductions. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.
    If you want to buy signed photographs of the famous, go to a recognised agency and not some half-arsed 'collector' selling using Paypal.


    -----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    Without seeing the actual photographs it is impossible to tell.
    However, seeing as it is a business selling 'signed' photographs, the chances are they are ink reproductions. Generally these are crappy inkjet reproductions. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.
    If you want to buy signed photographs of the famous, go to a recognised agency and not some half-arsed 'collector' selling using Paypal.
    I don't mean what the seller will ship me, I mean the scans you see right there before your face. These look like real photofinished prints, I doubt they're inkjet. I have no interest in buying them, I just want to see if anyone knows how they're printed because I want this kind of tonality and depth in my prints too.

  4. #4
    MurrayMinchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    North Coast, BC, Canada
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    4,195
    Images
    15
    Hmmm...those are some stunning images alright. I can't make my mind up which I'd like my prints to look like...soot & chalk, pasty grey, or comic book colour.

    Are you for real, or for $$ ?

    Murray
    _________________________________________
    Note to self: Turn your negatives into positives.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin
    Hmmm...those are some stunning images alright. I can't make my mind up which I'd like my prints to look like...soot & chalk, pasty grey, or comic book colour.

    Are you for real, or for $$ ?

    Murray
    Oh jeez.

  6. #6
    MurrayMinchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    North Coast, BC, Canada
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    4,195
    Images
    15
    Seems there's the acrid scent of spam in the air...

    Try www.apug-gallery.com to see photographs with real meat to them.

    Murray

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin
    Seems there's the acrid scent of spam in the air...

    Try www.apug-gallery.com to see photographs with real meat to them.

    Murray
    I'm not spamming dude, it's just a legitimate question. I don't even care for the photos on this site I just like the forums.

  8. #8
    MurrayMinchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    North Coast, BC, Canada
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    4,195
    Images
    15
    OK...just to be sure of this...did you mean to post a link to a site selling signed gawd-awful 8x10 publicity shots, or did you mean to post a link to another site?

    APUG is normally a pretty friendly place, where any and all who share an interest in analogue photographic processes are accepted...spammers are not.

    Murray
    _________________________________________
    Note to self: Turn your negatives into positives.

  9. #9
    Paul Sorensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,895
    Images
    26
    Another interesting issue is that you (or whoever put you up to this) are selling copyrighted materials that have been photocopied. Just because you can buy a photograph does not mean that you can sell photocopies of them. This is the case in the US and I am certain that this is equally true in the UK.

    Oh, and did Angelina Jolie sign the one with her in a see through top or was it the photographer?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    1,212
    Images
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
    Another interesting issue is that you (or whoever put you up to this) are selling copyrighted materials that have been photocopied. Just because you can buy a photograph does not mean that you can sell photocopies of them. This is the case in the US and I am certain that this is equally true in the UK.

    Oh, and did Angelina Jolie sign the one with her in a see through top or was it the photographer?
    Just what I was thinking as I was going thru the thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin