Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,542   Online: 1041

Shooter
    Multi Format

Durst M605 Light coming out from the back OK?

Just bought a used Durst M605 with the Colour Head. Is it OK for lights to come out from the back or is something not installed correctly? Thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It is usual to get a little light leakage from enlarger heads, but it should not be significant, if it is, then something is wrong.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Projected to the back wall half a foot away, the light patch is about 2-3" diameter. Is that OK?

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I dont get much leakage from the back of my M605. The biggest problem is leakage from the light box mix lever slot on the right hand side of the head. That was solved with some black paper tape that simply has to move when I switch from 35mm to 6x6

Graham.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have similar experiences, my box leaks light from lever slot and little from negative carrier...

Quote Originally Posted by gbroadbridge
    I dont get much leakage from the back of my M605. The biggest problem is leakage from the light box mix lever slot on the right hand side of the head. That was solved with some black paper tape that simply has to move when I switch from 35mm to 6x6

Graham.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by didjiman
    Projected to the back wall half a foot away, the light patch is about 2-3" diameter. Is that OK?

Thanks.
    Probably OK - depends how bright it is... To be safe, either paint the back wall matt black or tape a sheet of black paper (or a strip of black velvet etc) on it if you can't paint the wall. If you block the hole the light is coming through, it may make the enlarger head overheat.

Alternately, do a safelight test that include 2 minutes with the paper under the enlarger with it switched on but with the lens capped (or block the light with a piece of card in the lens panel or negative carrier) and see if you get any fogging..

Cheers, Bob.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin