Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,421   Online: 779

Shooter
    Multi Format

Replacement bulb for Super Chromega E Dichro II?

The burned out bulb is ELC/E, which is a special order item from B&H. But they have the ELC in stock which seems to have the same specs. Does anyone know what the difference is and whether the ELC would work for me?

Thanks,

-Michael

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I think so Poco,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bob,

Thanks, I called B&H and while the guy couldn't tell me the difference, he also said it'll work. Guess I'll find out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    happened to me 2 months ago. as long as its elc 24v 250 watt you should be good. Make sure the reflector surface is the same as well. I got mine from Freestyle. made by eiko
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All specs are same and the reflector looks smooth silver (not beveled) like mine. If the dimensions are slightly different I should hopefully be able to rig something up to make it work.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah, thanks, Bruce:

"ELC/E directs 50% more of the red and deep red spectrum on the print than a regular ELC."

I have no idea what affect that will have, but it's ordered, so I guess I'll find out.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Poco
    Ah, thanks, Bruce:

"ELC/E directs 50% more of the red and deep red spectrum on the print than a regular ELC."

I have no idea what affect that will have, but it's ordered, so I guess I'll find out.
    In theory, that should mean nothing for B&W printing, unless the increased red is coming at the expense of decreased blue and/or green. If you do color printing, it could mean you'll need to adjust your filtration values.

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look at this site for bulbs special voor Omega and Chromega
    http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lampelb.html
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Quote Originally Posted by Poco
    The burned out bulb is ELC/E, which is a special order item from B&H. But they have the ELC in stock which seems to have the same specs. Does anyone know what the difference is and whether the ELC would work for me?

Thanks,

-Michael
    I use the ELC. I had a problem with the enlarger blowing bulbs weekly. A friend checked the voltage going to the bulb and found that it needed reducing by some tiny amount. It hasn't blown a bulb since
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin