Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,767   Online: 800

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use under the lens Kodak contrast filters, and split grade filtering almost exclusively.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use fuji filter set under the lens.
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I use a six inch set of Ilford filters under the lens in a 12x12 cold light Durst 138S conversion for 8x10. 4x5 negatives and smaller go through a dial in variable contrast Saunders 4550XLG/VCCE Enlarger.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the ILFORD set. Because I have a dichro head I use them only when I'm doing some split grade filtering.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the big Ilford filters above the condensor in my D2V. Since the filters are just below the light and far above the negative, they'd have to be downright filthy before the dirt would cause a problem. The Ilford filters are one of the very few things I bought new in my darkroom, and I've never regretted the investment.

I'm sure that under-the-lens filters could be fairly dusty before they would cause a problem, but I know I'd obsess about keeping them clean.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I use both a color head and Ilford filters on my 2 1/4 enlarger. Recently found a brand new set of 150mm Kodak filters (PolyMax II) at a local store for $30 for my D3 4 X 5 enlarger (condenser head with a filter "drawer"). Rebuilding a color head for this unit and will then see which way I go.

Like the filters more than the color head but the later is easier to use.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i paid about 30$ for the kodak polymax 5x5 set (new at bhphotovideo) which i cut down for my 23c. Why are the ilford filters so expensive?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the Ilford filters above the condenser. In high school, we used the ones below the lens and the smallest scratches showed up very easily. I could tell which filter I used on which print just by knowing the scratches.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Filters

My Durst Modular 70 has a VC head and is a delight to use. My Laborator 1200 has a multigraph head and is a complete pig to use. Anyone want to do a swap for a devere with VC head (I'm not joking)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a set of Ilford filters that fit the filter drawer of the enlarger but I've just about quit using them. For the most part, my negatives print well without filtration. I've never used those that fit below the enlarging lens. My previous enlarger had no filter drawer but it was easy to pop off the head and place them on the condenser.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin