Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,350   Online: 1035

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Pinhole

How many of you still use contrast filters

The under the lens kind? Of course they're a dust magnet but they work. I have an old set of DuPonts that get really low, the yellows being deeper than the Ilford or Kodak equivalents.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I use a set of Agfa CC filters. I'm thinking of cutting them down to fit in the filter drawer of my L138S, but haven't got around to it yet.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I bought an Ilford Multigrade head. So my filters are now built into the enlarger.

Shooter
    8x10 Format

contrast filters

I use filters in printing. I have Ilford 11x11 filters cut down to 8x10. With my 8x10 Elwood enlarger they are put on top of the glass in the negative carrier.
    I cut the #3 smaller than I should have so it goes under the lens. No fancy filter holder for it. I just use tape to keep it in place.
    Jack

Shooter
    35mm
    Ilford and Fuji. I heard they are almost identical though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i use kodak polymax filters -
    but i also use varying strength developers and water baths too

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the big Ilford filters which go above the condenser in my Beseler 23CII. A great investment and simple to use. My understanding is that they are less of a problem for dust when above the condenser. One of these days, I'd really like to get a dichroic head, but for the moment, the filters are groovy.

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I use a filter set up that I got from Rosco filters the equivilant to Green 58 and blue 47b

lee\c

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I use a set of Ilford filters in my D2V.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My ancient Beseler dichro head on the 45MXT does not have the magenta capacity needed for a lot of things, so I supplement it with the old style filters. For 35mm I ususlly use a Beseler 35 which has a convenient holder for below the lens filters. Because they are so handy, I use an Ilford filter set there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin