Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,038   Posts: 1,560,673   Online: 985

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Have I been Taken?

I just want your opinion I have been very careful with my purchases on eBay.But this time I am not sure. I bought X-Rite densitometer from"skybollin8" for $100. Not bad if I get it. But I see this same add again with the same wording from the same guy again on eBay. I don't know how to download the add from eBay maybe you can take a look at it?Ends at Jan/12/06.Should I already report to eBay to keep watch on this guy?

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This (http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=7576747527) one? Looks like he may have hit the wrong button, or is confused about how ebay works... Note that the starting price for the new entry is the same as the winning bid for the previous one... Email him via ebay and see what he says.

Cheers, Bob.

Images
    Good Evening, Greg,

I have no information on the item or the seller, but it might help someone else comment if you would simply give the Item Number.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Bob
    That's the eBay number you indicated in your reply. The number is#7576747527.I contacted seller to find out if he has two units for sale. The only problem I have is his bad english sort of same as those eMails I received recently.

Greg
    Last edited by Buster6X6; 01-08-2006 at 09:29 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Insufficient data

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No reply to my eMail as yet.I think it is heads up for other APUG members to be aware of different scams people use.I hope I am wrong. I'll wait and see.
    Thanks for your reply's
    Greg

Buster6X6

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There's a reply on the auction now:

Q: looks like the same item as 7576747527, do you have more than one?
    A: Yes, I had 8, now, only 3 left. Also, a Easeco TD-90 too.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got the same reply back to same question today, Ole...sounds like you should be OK.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did not go to the site today but I do appreciate your reply. I'll let you know what happend.

Greg

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Recently had the same problem, bought a lens for Nikon and a few days later the same item, including the same picture of a slightly used box showed up with the same starting price, was getting a little anxious but then my lens showed up in the mail. reread the listing and noticed that the guy had bought out a photoraphy store that was going out of bussiness and was selling off their inventory. Evidently he had several of each item.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received two eMails from the seller stating he had two more densitometers for sale. Maybe a good opportunity for someone else on APUG, one that does not have a densitometer to get one for $100.I feel terrible jumping the gun on this one.But after those eMails couple weeks ago I thought I should prevent someone else getting burned.
    Thanks again for providing support.

Greg
    Last edited by Buster6X6; 01-10-2006 at 10:58 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: tipo

Buster6X6

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin