Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,057   Online: 962

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

RH Design Pro Analyzer

I am interested in trying this analyzer. I have an Aristo cold light with the new V54 tube (I think that is the right number.) I have heard some concern that the analyzer cannot work properly on Black and White paper because of light fluctuation. I use almost entirely Ilford papers. Can I get some viewpoints on this question? Would one use (need) some type of stabilizer? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Jerry Cunningham

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You could send your question in an email to RH Designs at:
    darkroom@rhdesigns.co.uk

Also, they have FAQ at:
    http://www.rhdesigns.co.uk/darkroom/html/faq1.html

They are very quick to answer questions. I use an Analyser Pro sucessfully with B&W papers, but I have a condenser head, so that does not quite answer your question.

Karen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenB
    They are very quick to answer questions. I use an Analyser Pro sucessfully with B&W papers, but I have a condenser head, so that does not quite answer your question.
    I use an Analyzer Pro too, on Ilford papers, with a diffusion VC head. Fastest way to make a work print.

M.
    We cannot change how the cards are dealt, just how to play the hand...
    Randy Pausch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jerry -

We do have customers successfully using the Analyser with cold light. The issue is short-term fluctuations - in other words if the light output changes between measurements, or between measuring and exposing, then the result may be incorrect. However, if you warm the tubes up well before starting to print these short term fluctuations are minimised. I think the Aristo tubes have heaters to improve stability - maybe somebody who knows for sure can confirm this.

We now have a page on our web site for Users' Calibrations and in fact the first entry is for the V54 with Ilford paper - http://www.rhdesigns.co.uk/darkroom/...ibrations.html

Hope that helps

Kind regards
    Richard Ross

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi - my analyser pro works very well with condenser and dichro heads, but not at all well with my devere cathomag: I have to set to metronome 'clicks' and keep the light on all the time, using a board as a shutter. Others seem to have had more success with other cold light heads, though.

RJS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the RH Designs Timer/Analyzer with an Aristo cold light, V54 lamp, and I am DELIGHTED with the combination. No Picker/Zone VI compensating seems required, but then I do not do production runs of 50 or so prints.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    When I emailed them in regards to how their system would work with stained negs, they responded that they had no info on how they would do with them. Has anyone used this with stained negs? How good was it for the functions that make thes units so desirable?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've both, Analyser Pro and Splitgrade (Heiland Electronic).
    http://www.heilandelectronic.de/html...grade_main.htm
    I prefer the splitgrade: very simple in use, faster, more sensible, more robust, and an after sales at top level.
    IMHO a "must have" for the darkroom.

If you are interested in an brand new anapro, you can have it on half the price. But I would advise at least to examine the alternative.

Fred

RJS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use PMK exclusively with a cold light and the RH Designs analyzer. I am happy!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just got the RH Analyser Pro and so far I am astonished!
    It is very well contructed, it has all the features one needs in the enlarger and it is very easy to use. At first I thought it would be complicated but its not!
    If it was not so expensive I would urge every BW printer to get one!
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin