Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,121   Online: 932

Shooter
    4x5 Format

8x10 enlarger question???

Are there any 8x10 enlargers available that are closer in size to a 4x5 enlarger than a truck? If so, where can I get me one?

Thanks everyone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most of the 8x10 are pretty big, you have to take into account they have to accomidate an 8x10 negative in additon to the light source to illuminate the 80 inches of negative..I have never seen anything compact when it has to do with 8x10 film..LOL

Dave

Shooter
    4x5 Format

8x10 enlarger

Bobby,

Well, there is still the bessler 45 conversion. I picked one up last
    year.

Calumet used to carry them new, I don't know if they still do or
    not.

It is, or was, an official bessler product. From what I hear, Alan
    Ross developed it.

Good luck.

Terry Hayden

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bessler still lists the 8x10 conversion on their website as an option.

Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    Look for an old wall mount Elwood
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bobby,

I have the Beseler 8x10 conversion on a 45MCRX chassis and while it works, that chassis was never designed to have that much weight hanging that far out from the upright. It is VERY prone to vibration and alignment is a constant battle. I have a 45V-XL chassis and will be transitioning the head to it when I get some time. The 45V is a very stout rig and can easily handle the 8x10 head.

Allen

Zone VI makes an 8x10 coldlight head that fits their 5x7 Type II (and Type I?). njb

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There is also a wall mount Durst that looks perfect. About a year ago I lost out on two separate auctions for them and haven't seen one since. I do not remember the model off the top of my head. They went for $1800 and had a color head.

Shooter
    Large Format
    While it isn't listed as an off the shelf conversion, the Durst 138 S has enough space in the negative stage to accomodate a conversion to 8X10. Some have already done that conversion with an Aristo light head.

This would be a floor mounted enlarger that stands about 7 1/2 feet tall.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Very happy with my Durst 138S cold light conversion. Michael Mutmansky set mine up last Aug-Sept. Besides the floor mount it can also be bolted to the wall with right angle irons from the hardware store. Here that is a concrete block basement wall so I don't anticipate much movement. At Michael's suggestion I added the RH Design StopClock Vario that has a sensor to tame the cold light. I had to fabricate a frame to hold the six inch filters under the lens.

John Powers

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin