Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,695   Online: 799

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Beseler 810 vxl availability question...

Is the Beseler 810 vxl or just the head still made? I called beseler and left a message with that question buy have not received a return call. Hopefully this isn't indicative of the status. Also, what about the Zone VI 8x10?

Thanks

Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think the Zone VI itself, or the 8x10 conversion kit are still being made. Calumet lists a few parts for the smaller Zone VI enlargers, but nothing for the 8x10 conversion. They do, however, list the Beseler 810MXT.

Note that the Zone VI 8x10 conversion kit was designed for the Type II 5x7 enlarger, not the older Type I model.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bob,

Beseler still lists the 8x10 conversion head as a current product on their web site. It's down at the bottom of the page.

http://www.beselerphoto.com/lightsources.php

Allen

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    While the 8x10 was designed for the Type II, it will work on the Type I.

I purchased a Type II 8x10 head on EBay and fit it with no problem on myType I enlarger. The procedure is pretty much the same. Remove the round negative carrier guides. (Don't lose them.) The perimeter of the retangular opening at the bottom of the 8x10 adaptor just encloses those holes and a single hole towards the front of the negative stage. Three small bolts (with rubber washers) from a hardward store will secure the adaptor to the negative stage of the Type I enlarger and maintain proper centering.

The only catch is that you must use no longer than a 240mm lens for enlarging. Otherwise, the 5x7 rectangular hole in the negative stage will interfere with the projection of the negative. 240mm happens to be about the minimum focal length for 8x10 enlargments that one can use.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I checked and it is available, however there may be some time before it is made as they like to have a few orders before commencing building them!

So, if any kind soul has one for sale PLEASE contact me!

Thanks

Bob

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin