Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,709   Online: 860

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the great ideas everyone. This kind of forum represents one of the best uses of internet technology.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I would try using 4-8 ply mat board, maybe stained black at least on the borders. I would cut a window (just like for mounting) with a beveled edge. I would make the dimensions of the inner cutout just a tad smaller than your print size to use as the mask. I would tape a small piece of scrap board to the top of the mask so that it is easy to lift. Then I would expose the print in my 4-blade easel, then place the mask on top of the paper, then open the blades of the easel, then open the lens for a brighter light, dial in maximum magenta for maximum black, and expose the black border. Should give a clean line around the print. Obviously, this would work best when printing numerous prints of the same size.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have done this by printing using a 120 neg in a glass 5x4 neg holder. You then have the entire sheet of paper covered.
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin