Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,382   Online: 956

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think we're getting a little obsessive.

Unless the light leaks present a problem...there's no problem.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, mine leaked enough to show on paper after a 90 second exposure. I put a layer of thin felt on top of the negative carriers and solved the problem.
    JeffW.

Shooter
    35mm
    FWIW, I've got a Philips PCS130, which was supposedly made by LPL. At my normal working height, I don't see any light leaks around my negative carrier; however, I normally sit at my enlarging table, with the negative carrier slightly above my eye level. I took a look last night and saw a very thin line of light leak around the top of the negative carrier. There are also a couple of other very small light leaks around the PCS130's head. None of these is what I'd consider major -- they contribute less to overall darkroom lighting than minor darkroom light leaks or the lit PCS150 control panel that goes with the PCS130 enlarger. FWIW, the PCS130 leaks are also much less noticeable than the leaks I saw with a Durst C35 that I owned before I got the Philips.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I bought a new Saunders LPL 670VCCE enlarger several years ago and was amazed at how much light was leaking out especially around the negative carrier; there was a projected line of light around the darkroom walls! I put a bead of flexible putty on top of the front and sides of the negative carrier, and covered the bead with Scotch opaque photographic tape. So now when the diffusion chamber is lowered into place the light is completely blocked. I also thought that the backlit contrast grade dials were very bright so I covered up the tiny light bulb inside with translucent red electrician's tape. Perhaps none of this was necessary, but it makes me feel better.

Shooter
    35mm
    I use a Fuji (LPL OEM) with the 7700 condenser-head attached to a big column, and I don't have any leakage for sure. So, it looks like only the diffuser-head types of the 7700 series and the higher models do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin