Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,817   Posts: 1,581,640   Online: 767

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Durst laborator 1200 user's manual

Dear Apug members,

I'm new to this forum and first of all I would like to introduce me briefly.

I'm an amateur photographer who lives in Madrid, Spain. I mostly shoot medium format using a TLR Rolleiflex. Mi main interest are landscapes and domestic animals (dogs and cats), not very strange considering that professionally I'm a vet.

Recently, I bought a second hand Durst Laborator 1200 with B&W head (condersers). I wrote to Durst Italy requesting a copy of the user's manual but they didn't reply me at all. So, I'm quite lost with several things about this great enlarger.

I saw in a post from an Apug member (I beleive he or she was "nomoreroger") a year ago or so that he/she had a manual for the Durst Laborator 1200 for free.

I wrote "nomoreroger" as well, but again I didn't have a reply.

So, now my last chance are one of yours. Have any of you a copy of this manual? In such a case, Would be possible for you to send me a pdf copy of the manual?

If any of you were so kind, I would be eternally grateful!!

I think that's all. Thank you very much in advance and I'm very happy to find this great group devoted to traditional photography. Congratulations to all!!!!

Best wishes,

Pablo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the manual in PDF format. If you subscribe to APUG and send me your email address I'll email it to you.

Cheers,

jdc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Opps

and Welcome to APUG!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I just got my L1200 as well... Some basic questions.....Has anyone ever seen a point light source head for this enlarger? Know where one is for sale ( not my enlarger, for a friend's...He got his at the same time. )

What bulb fits on this beast if I have the regular old fashioned condenser setup? 212?

Are the format plates for the negative carrier just plain old metallic plates with a specific size tu out on the inside, and specific profile on the outside, or are there oterh parts to the plates, like alignment pins, etc?

Has anyone seen a place for used parts, other than Jensen Optical?

Thanks
    Frank
    Frank Filippone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Manuals sent.

The neg carriers come in male female pairs, are beveled, and have alignment pins. I mostly use glass.

Ebay is the only place I know of now that JoBo in Ann Arbor Mi closed shop.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks I just got the manual.......

Much Appreciated.....

Frank
    Frank Filippone

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Jdc,

I received the manual perfectly. Thanks very much.

Anyway, I've been reading it and sadly doesn't resolve most of my doubts. I mean, what I would need to know are things like how to be sure that bulb is in the right position, if is normal to see the shadow of the bulb on the board instead of a square when the bellows is fully extended or retracted, if it's necessary to make adjustments everytime I make an enlargment, what are the two metal pieces on the top of the femocon 80, and so on. I guess my doubts are more related with some aspects of functioning and practical use that are not covered by this manual.

Do you know if exists another different manual that deals with those questions?

Sorry very much if I'm bothering you too much, but I would appreciate any information you've got.

Thanks a lot again.

Best wishes,

Pablo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too have an L1200, and it came with only one neg holder although the femoneg carrier was there. They come up once and awhile, but---lately Stone mills has had many on ebay...and others in stock, so I WOULD contact them.
    There's another seller now with a lot of durst stuff as well.

It's taken me a year, but I now have all the masks I need.

I could also use the PDF manual if Mr. Callow would be so kind...
    mpblais@mpbcs.com

Good luck..
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I contacted Jensen Optical. They have lots of parts, and best yet, they know what you need and what you do not need. I did not get the same level of support from stonemills. They are more likely liquidators rather than tech support types.

He has all kinds of parts, of will tell you when he gets them Prices are right too....

But I still would like to find a nice Femoneg at a bargain basement price.....May have to buy an entire enlarger to get one...... ( Won't be the first or last time I have had to do that....)
    Frank Filippone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No problem with the questions.
    This is the 'long' manual. Durst also makes a very short (maybe 8pg) glossy version which is little more than an advertising brochure.

Blaze-on you have mail...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin