Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,791   Online: 973

Shooter
    Holga
    Images

Unusual lens - need some help please

I have aquired a Shneider Componon-S 5.6/100, nothing unusual in that I guess but it black metal with a range of 5.6 to 45, no clicks or display window. And here's the best bit, the thread is 32mm and very fine pitched! I have been using the lens on my enlarger with bluetack and the images seem pretty sharp but I need an adapter or something for it so I can swap between lenses.

Anyone know what this lens might have been used for and if I can get an adapter ring for it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's an older enlarging lens and the Componon-S is rated highly like the Rodagons and Nikors. Schneider made an adapter for the standard enlarger lens mount (Leica). They also made a "jam nut" for mounting the lens to a blank board. Schneider enlarging lenses typically had no click stops.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Thanks Gerald, more recent schneider lenses seem to have the click stops which is kind of a mixed blessing. I am using it on a Meopta Magnifax 4, the lens board is around 76mm wide with a 39mm apature. I guess I can either get another board made up or something. The non-click is a bit of a pain in that it can be knocked, the solution again has been some blue tack to keep it in position.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin