Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,709   Posts: 1,548,625   Online: 1166

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you all for the suggestions.

This happens with what it seems like all my prints. The blown out corners are not on the negatives.

My first thought was the one about the paper not sinking correctly in the developer, but I always make sure every corner is properly submerged, so I'm not sure if that could be it? I'm using Ilford paper developer and the recommended developing time is 1 minute.

Also, I have made prints at f16 and still got the blown out corners.

I also just discovered that the lens area has a tilt function, but it's indicated that it is full centered.

I checked, and my condenser is in the correct slot for 35mm.

There is something I am unsure of on my enlarger. It's a sliding mechanism directly below the condenser and filter holder and right above the negative carrier. It moves another lens/glass(condenser?) up and down. I've attached two photos to show it. What is this for? I haven't touched this slider thing while printing, so I'm thinking it may be my problem. Also note that the actual negative carrier and filter holder are not in in the photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000_0187.JPG   000_0188.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hammy
    It looks as though the slider lifts a condenser lens up&down. The focomat enlarger has a one very similar except the condenser sits directly on the neg.
    have you tried printing with it in the lowered position?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    No, i've only had it in one position, though I forget if it was up or down.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Hammy
    I to have one of these enlargers and it is excellent piece of kit. The lever that you are questioning is indeed to move the condenser up and down. When it is down it should sit on the neg carrier and lock it in place. You should then only be able to rotate the neg carrier slightly.

Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes, that lever must be in the down position to print and up only to insert and remove the neg carrier. This is a good enlarger, I purchased one in 1977 and my children still use it.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the replies! I do believe I may have been printing with it in the up position. Maybe that is my problem ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin