Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,966   Posts: 1,558,429   Online: 966

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: V35 too bright

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm doing 8x10's at f/8.

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Claire: you didn't get the 50mm cam ? Works perfectly with the Apo Rodagon N.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Claire,
    Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately the mixing box is glued shut, although I should be able to tape a peice of gel over the inlet window. That might just solve the problem. BTW, adding cyan does lengthen the exposures, plus it's a very pretty color.

I'm wondering why I seem to be the only one with this problem. My negatives are not thin by any means, they are amply exposed and well developed. I have searched the web looking for advice and found that most people were troubled by their V35 being too dim not too bright. I guess I'm just lucky.

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not going fast enough, I can't keep up! Is there a 50mm cam? I have a 50mm Apo Rodagon and a little more distance to the paper wouldn't hurt. It's also a great lens. Please tell me more.

Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    25 years ago I heard nothing about a 50mm cam. Perhaps my deafness can early.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

A fifty won`t get more time, just more distance. A 50mm Rodenstock Yaserex or Yaseron or something was a cheaper alturnative when new. It requires a different auto focus cam. 11x will be top magnification.

If your times are that short, you have the wrong bulb or the electrics are screwed up somewhere. I would worry about overheating. 13139 Phillips I think is correct. It should be a 75watt and maybe 25 volts. Can`t remember the volts.

Set the input voltage selector to 220 or 240 and that will cut down brightness. It is on the rear side of column base.

30cc of each YMC each will reduce the light one stop. 60cc each 2 stops.

Check out the Electrics before you damage something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ronald,
    You may be on to something. I am using the correct bulb, it's a 13139 75 watt 12 volt. The voltage selector was set correctly, but when I change it to 220 volts the light dims noticably. Before I leave it at the 220 setting I just want to check that doing so is safe and won't damage anything. Am I correct that this is equivalent to using a dimmer and if anything will extend the life of the bulb? Thanks

Richard Wasserman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Problem solved! It turned out to be a defective bulb. I had a spare and tried it and my printing times are now reasonable. Instead of 3-4 seconds at f/8, I'm at about 8 seconds at f/5.6. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'm happy again...

Richard Wasserman

Good.

No you won`t hurt anything at all. The transformer thinks 220 is coming in and steps 220 to 12. If 120 is the actual input, it will end up 6 volts and you will get about 10 years from the bulb.

I think there are 4 setting, 220, 240, 110. and 120. If you are happy with the dimmer light from 220 use it. If you want to go to larger prints, select 120 for a brighter light.

Test first if you use VC paper as the color temp gets redish at low voltage. This could change the contrast as the paper is color sensitive in blue/green. Change the ratio, contrast changes.

I used a voltqge stabilizer and set it to 120. I don`t remember burning out a bulb. Get a stabilizer if you do color.

RJS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use an Aristo light source with their V 54 lamp. It too is way too bright. So I purchased an Aristo dimmer- this enables me to print with a constant aperture, f5.6 or f8 or whatever. It is calibrated, so once I worked out settings for 1/2 stop less, 1 stop less etc. it works really well. Bright for focusing. I would imagine the Aristo dimmer will work with your Leitz - ask Aristo on their web site - they are very responsive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin