Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,977   Posts: 1,523,684   Online: 1144

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZoneMaster II

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

ZoneMaster II

Anlybody use or have experience with RH Designs ZoneMaster II? Can you give me your thoughts about its' use without the Analyzer Pro? I realize it is not a timer and wonder how useful it would be when using a conventional timer.

TIA,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bruce,
    I use a Zonemaster II in tandem with an RH Stopclock Pro. AFAIK one would not use a Zonemaster with an Analyser Pro anyway because the Analyser already has a metering probe built-in. I suppose as long as your timer was able to exploit the accuracy of the Zonemaster, that is, to operate in times down to 10ths of a second (or finer) then there wouldn't be a problem. IMO, I think you'd be much wiser getting the Stopclock Pro which (when connected) automatically sets the time displayed by the Zonemaster.
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Blighty,
    thank you very much. This is the information I was looking for. I didn't realize the Analyser Pro had the probe. Does the Analysers' probe funcition the same as the Grey Scale of the Zonemaster?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce (Camclicker)
    Anlybody use or have experience with RH Designs ZoneMaster II? Can you give me your thoughts about its' use without the Analyzer Pro? I realize it is not a timer and wonder how useful it would be when using a conventional timer.

TIA,
    I use a zone master II with a Gralab 505 timer and think that both are the some of the best money I ever spent. You could use it with about any timer that will give you accurate exposures down to .1 sec (1/10). The setup made both of my old Gralab 300 timers become large paper weights. Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mongo141
    I use a zone master II with a Gralab 505 timer and think that both are the some of the best money I ever spent. You could use it with about any timer that will give you accurate exposures down to .1 sec (1/10). The setup made both of my old Gralab 300 timers become large paper weights. Dave
    I am using a Gralab 500 (1/10 sec) for the enlarger (Omega D5/Chromo) and have a 545 but it does not allow for a Safe Light. My original intention was to use the 500 with the Zone Master II. But looking at the Analyser Pro it is only 75 Pound Sterling more than the Zone Master. What I am reading now is that the AP does everything the SAM does plus provides a timer.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    And it will also switch your darkroom light automatically too.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does the Analysers' probe funcition the same as the Grey Scale of the Zonemaster?
    Hiya Bruce,
    The analyser's probe works in exactly the same way as the Zonemaster. However, as I understand it, one is not able to program a printing sequence into the AP as one can do with a Zonemaster/ Stopclock Pro combo. Without wishing to sound like an advert for RH designs, their Stopclock Pro is one of the best darkroom investments I've ever made. Regards, BLIGHTY
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also use a ZMII with an older, pre-existing Gralab, and love it - even though times need to be set manually. Because of the arrangement in my darkroom, I also manage the safelight manually. I chose the ZMII because of not knowing which direction I wanted to go in augmenting/upgrading/replacing my old Omega D2V. (As I recall, there are different models of the Analizer Pro for use with different enlarger types.)
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bruce -

The ZoneMaster II is basically the metering section of the Analyser Pro in a different box. It has the same functionality. The choice between an Analyser and the ZM/StopClock combo comes down to whether you want the additional flexibility of the StopClock's timer - i.e. programmable sequences and two channels. And to money of course :-)

The Analyser's timer does allow for burning-in exposures - it will automatically subtract the initial exposure time from subsequent exposures - but you can't set up a sequence in advance. The automatic safelight switching is available on the StopClock as well, and is convenient when making light measurements.

HTH

Regards
    Richard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It sounds as if the Stopclock Pro/Zonemaster II combination gives the most flexibility. But is it more complicated to use for simple tasks than the Analyzer Pro? My hope is that easy things are as easy with the Stopclock as they are with the Analyzer Pro, and that the Stopclock/ZMII handles complicated printing easily. Is that a fair assumption? Or is the Analyzer Pro the best product if most of my prints are straight forward?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin