Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,408   Online: 1035

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian
    don -
    i do a mean softshoe (sand-dance) when i process film too ... ...
    too bad the lights have to be out

John,

That's what I like about you. That you are multitalented as well as being ambidextrous...whatta guy!!! One of these days I want to be just like you...Is that possible, do you think?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by vet173
    I have found this to be pretty handy in some situations. It's more like variable contrast flashing than actual burning though.
    http://www.dauxlite.com/
    Thanks for this reference. I had a look and it seems a pretty good instrument. I had a look at the website but no mention of price that I could find and I note that you suggest it is more like variable contrast flashing than actual burning.

I, for one, would like to hear more from you on your experiences of using it. Example of your prints and how they were achieved would be even better.

I had a very difficult to print from a neg of my wife walking through a shady wood. I could get her in full detail but only at the expense of underexposing the trees and sky. Dodging her image precisely while exposing the rest correctly was near impossible.

It seems that the dauxLite II could cope with this but looking at the website didn't give me a feel for how.

I have written to dauxLite II for more information about stockists, price etc but anything else you can say will be very gratefully received.

Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don,
    The directions for use of the "Complicated Card" seems incomplete.

Ahh a where do the batteries go? ;-)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser
    Thanks for this reference. I had a look and it seems a pretty good instrument. I had a look at the website but no mention of price that I could find and I note that you suggest it is more like variable contrast flashing than actual burning.

I, for one, would like to hear more from you on your experiences of using it. Example of your prints and how they were achieved would be even better.

I had a very difficult to print from a neg of my wife walking through a shady wood. I could get her in full detail but only at the expense of underexposing the trees and sky. Dodging her image precisely while exposing the rest correctly was near impossible.

It seems that the dauxLite II could cope with this but looking at the website didn't give me a feel for how.

I have written to dauxLite II for more information about stockists, price etc but anything else you can say will be very gratefully received.

Thanks

pentaxuser
    The bottom line is that it will let you get that last 10% what you want out of a print. I don't think it will pull off what you are describing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser
    The "Order" link on the Dauxlite web page lists US stocking dealers. Calumet is one: http://www.calumetphoto.com/ctl?&ac....6;022;486;608;
    The price there is US$179.

Lee

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L
    The "Order" link on the Dauxlite web page lists US stocking dealers. Calumet is one: http://www.calumetphoto.com/ctl?&ac....6;022;486;608;
    The price there is US$179.

Lee
    Thanks for that. There was a reply waiting for me today from the "contact us" on the website. I was amazed until I realised that it was still Saturday afternoon to where I sent the e-mail. Mind you that's still pretty good. I can think of a lot of U.K. sites that would have waited until Monday morning at that time on a Saturday.

Anyway the quote was $165 u.s. but reduced to $150 u.s. if ordering more than one. Plus postage and packing for overseas of course.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Webb
    Don,
    The directions for use of the "Complicated Card" seems incomplete.

Ahh a where do the batteries go? ;-)
    Charlie

Good question. I have an old model that has a cord to plug into the timer.
    But the cord rotted and I can't figure out how to replace it, so I just wave the durn thing around regardless.

I hear an English outfit is making one with Split Fingered L.E.D.s or something. It's all carbon-fiber and stuff.

I'll see if one comes up on Ebay.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hear an English outfit is making one with Split Fingered L.E.D.s or something. It's all carbon-fiber and stuff.
    .[/QUOTE]

I know I am sounding like a trouble maker, but I am under the impression that the Comishioner of Base Ball has outlawed Split Fingered L.E.D.s

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbysandstrom
    I asked earlier about a burn flashlight device today and someone recommended putting masking tape over a maglite. Great way to diffuse the light. I also cut a filter (appropriate for the burning I needed to do) to fit on the end. I then took some black cinefoil and shaped it into a cone to place on the end of the light.

Thanks
    I PRESUME you're talking about contact printing - and not enlarging... otherwise what you're talking about is fogging... not burning in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The one I really like is making a reduced photocopy of the contact and cutting it out to make a really selective burn or dodge mask and then float it axially in the light 'beam' going up and down repeatedly so that the area of changed density is really diffuse. It's very accurate too. I use black spray paint to keep the mask opaque (and a bit more rigid too).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin