Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,229   Online: 700

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Besler 23II focusing

Does anyone recall seeing a remote focusing device for the 23? Several years ago (possibly 14 or 15) I saw one demo'd at a Calument show in Chicgo. I don't know the name of it and never thought I would like to even look at one.
    As I get older it seems that my arms don't reach as far as they use to and sometimes, when releasing the focusing knob, I tend to turn it just a fraction from the best focus spot.
    Any suggestions?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Some time ago I saw a remote focusing device for small enlargers. I think it was for an Omega, but it looked adaptable to the Beseler. It was a metal cable that would flex, allowing it to connect to the horizontal focus knob and then drop to a vertical handgrip which was turned to focus. It would probably work best for “fine tuning”, rather than major focus changes. Check with Calumet, or maybe B&H.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Possibly a long stick attached to the knob would work?

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

bessler 23II

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Shiu
    Possibly a long stick attached to the knob would work?

Jon
    Thanks John, I hadn't thought of that but perhaps someting like a tinkertoy wheel could be drilled into the plastic know and insert 1or2" dowels to give me a fine tuning effect.
    WAlt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks Eric. I'll look into that. I am glad that someone else saw something similar to what I saw.

Walt

RJS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had the same problem - the flex cables are an expensive piece of trash! I have drilled for holes in the focusing knob of my Beseler and put in 6-32 screws about one inch long - they stick out like spikes. I have a couple of different lengths offlat wood (left over moulding I guess) in which I drilled one hole slightly larger than the screw. Slip the hole over a screw and you have 2 or 3 positions to place the stick - varying lengths etc. If the hole is just a bit larger than the crew it slips off easily not moving the focus. Works like a charm and cost about zero! Hopes this helps.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin