Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,129   Online: 1127

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Devere 54 sorry 504

Hi David
    Thanks very much for the info .After contacting Odyssey via emails they were able to confirm that I had a 504 and not a 54. I was then able to purchase a Multi format carrier from ebay. Considering the vendor and myself had no idea that the enlarger was a 504 and not a 54 I am delighted as it only cost £20 with two Rodenstock lenses.The carrier £21 so all in all a very
    cheap enlarger in very good condition. Thanks once again

Regards Norman

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman Hart
    Hi David
    Thanks very much for the info .After contacting Odyssey via emails they were able to confirm that I had a 504 and not a 54. I was then able to purchase a Multi format carrier from ebay. Considering the vendor and myself had no idea that the enlarger was a 504 and not a 54 I am delighted as it only cost £20 with two Rodenstock lenses.The carrier £21 so all in all a very
    cheap enlarger in very good condition. Thanks once again

Regards Norman
    An excellent bargain - have fun with it!

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Norm
    It will be in the post to you in the morning.
    Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks Steve
    I will now be able to try my enlarger out

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Norman,

If you don't mind me asking, what is a Multi-Format carrier. The reason I ask is that I have a 504, it came with a 5x4 mask and I purchased a 6x6 seperately. I could use a 6x9 and a 35mm but they seem quite expensive, even 2nd hand. A multi-format one sounds like a good idea.

Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry Devere 504??? I am sorry I did not beat you to it. 6 0pounds is less than a ton of money is it not? I cant keep up with the local weights and measure much less give currency to weighty foreign measures.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Devere 5108 (10"x8") enlarger has what I guess you'd call a multi format carrier. The 5"x7" hoder sslots in place of the neg in the 10x8 holders, 5x4 like wise then the 6cmx7cm in that.

Seen them on the auction site here in the UK going quite reasonable prices.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Out of interest whats the going rate for a second hand Devere 504 complete at the mo as i am bidding on one.

thanks all

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just won one for £250 - it's a dichroic head plus transtab, negative masks, enlarging lens and other bits and bobs.

HTH
    Mark Pope
    Swindon, Wilts
    UK

http://www.monomagic.co.uk

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Mark
    When I refere to a multi format carrier I mean the folding cast aluminium carrier that holds all the various drop in mask frames from 35m upwards to in my case 5 by 4.
    When I obtained the 504 it came with all the different inner masks but no carrier.
    I was delighted to obtain the carrier from ebay for £ 20 which cured my problem.
    I am delighted with the enlarger
    Norman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin