Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,586   Online: 995

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks a lot for all hints!

I have called my friendly local photo doctor. He gave me some diagnostic steps to identify the problem. Most of it are already mentioned in above responses.

1. Filter in out lever to check change in the light colour.
    Result: Working as supposed to be.

2. Clean movement of filter in light path: Result: colour seems to be changing gradually but there i no way to check if it is changing at the rate is should be.

3. check bulb:
    Result: found a decoration type halogen lamp instead of photo bulb. I guess previous owner wanted to save some money. Changed it to osram 100watt photo bulb.

FINALLY:
    Got a box of fresh ilford VC paper. Did step wedge prints of all grades. Now i see grade from 4.5 to 0 (RN: 70 to 145). GREAT!

opened fresh Forte polygrade V fb paper order from BHphoto in December 05. Result.... I still see grade from barely 2 to 00 (RN: 175 to 115). Surprisingly with no filter in light path i get grade 1 but with magenta-40 i get grade 0.5.

I can leave with grade 2 contrast but i need to understand why this is happening. Is the paper not good? or worse is it fogged slightly?

Thanks
    Gred

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by grred
    I can leave with grade 2 contrast but i need to understand why this is happening. Is the paper not good? or worse is it fogged slightly?
    Did you check your darkroom illumination? Fogging by the safelight would easily explain your results.

Martin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Do you have any under the lens filters you can use to test with? See what range you get with those and white light. When I calibrated Forte Polygrade V with my Analyser 500 (for the Ilford 500 head) I got about grade 3.5 to 0 (150 to 69).

Shooter
    35mm
    I am using red LED safelight. When i built the safe light i did test it for fogging with Ilford and Agfa papers. I found it was quite safe. May be i need to check it with forte to be sure.

I also have under the lens ilford filters. I'll test with them today and see it it makes any difference. Thanks again for suggestions

Gred

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin