Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,710   Posts: 1,548,627   Online: 1164

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I took another apugers advice and bought a craftsman tool cart. it has a lot of storage and very easy to roll into the bathroom.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Oh and to give proper credit agGNOME shared his darkroom secret with me I think he uses two carts though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine's in my ex-husband's house (yes, I was still there when I built it). It's in the basement and is about 10x10ish. I can still use it, so I'm not building another one 'til I have enough room and darkness (my apt has too many windows and not enough space).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Holliday
    Thanks for the link. I don't normally venture into 265 post threads!
    You need to make an exception with that thread. There are some amazing setups, with pics, in that thread. Well worth the visit!
    —Eric

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My first was in a spare bedroom (pain in the ass walking from bedroom to kitchen or bathroom to wask prints etc.

My second was in the Utility room. (an improvement as it was next to kitchen)

My third and current darkroom is in my attic. (The best yet with wet and dry areas. A great place to hide away for a few hours).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My current darkroom is in my basement, purpose-built. It's kind of small, about 7'x8', but it gets the job done admirably. I can do enlarging up to 16x20 from 35mm-4x5 negs, and alt process to 11x14". All my previous darkrooms have been various bathrooms in the apartments I've had. I had an IKEA cart that I used to put the enlarger on top (and was the perfect size for the baseboard), and the Nova vertical processor underneath, so the whole kit could be wheeled in and out in a few minutes. When not in use, the remaining kit could be wheeled into the walk-in closet in the master bedroom for storage.

nyx

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mine is in the same room in which I live. I do some things in bathroom (toning, final washing, loading film into tanks etc) and some in kitchen (developing film).

Shooter
    Large Format
    My current 'darkroom' is nothing more than a tiny bathroom. My enlarger sits on a small rolling cart which I wheel into the bathroom. I sit on the toilet and can print pretty comfortably.. My trays sit in the tub, easy to clean up afterwards.

Hardest part is setting up everything. I was spoiled, having a dedicated darkroom with a wet room and a dry room. Ah well. I miss having a 'real' enlarger. I'm using an Omega C760 (flimsy) but used to use an Omega DII (workhorse)..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Was sharing space in the laundry room for several years which is a pain because everything neds to be covered when not in use and then I have to run a misting humidifier before use to help settle lint and dust.

Since just after Christmas we have been doing a remodeling of the basement and a dedicated room has been in the works. Worst part is the darkroom is the last room to get finished.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My darkroom is inside a Harrison Jumbo Changing tent which I set up only to load/unload film.
    Diane

Halak 41

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin