Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,246   Posts: 1,660,159   Online: 687

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I put up a set wall paneled with that wonderful 80's fake pine paneling in the second bedroom of our apartment. It's 4ft x11ft and has a 7ft sink with hot &cold from the access panel to the bathtub plumbing in the next room. No drain though, i was scared of tapping into the 100 year old brass pipe.
    vinny
    www.vinnywalsh.com

Check out my low volume sheet film tanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Used to be in the basement, now it is rolling cart in/out the bathroom.
    Bfeore that the bathroom in my mom;s house. Old bathrooms used to be HUGE!!!
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for all the answers folks. I too used to run between bedroom and bathroom, but it's so time consuming and things like that annoy me!

I like the cart idea, but is this wise? Does your enlarger not get knocked out of alignment? I'm using a "flimsy Omega C760"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    1. A spare bedroom (AKA: The Lion's Den), I roar when someone enters this room. This is where I do most of the enlarging and cursing at night.

2. The closet. I know exactly what goes on in there, while everyone else is curious. Thus I can load tanks and finish film processing during the day.

3. The garage. I shoot during the day and play with chemicals in the garage at night. This keeps the chems away from the family.

I transport my exposed paper in a black vinyl pouch from the den to the garage. I get my exercise and also pick up snacks in the kitchen during the trip.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    My darkroom is in my garage.....a good place where to put chemicals(it's safe enough)....and a good place where spend time on my prints.....
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Mine is in what Sylvia calls "the utility room". I have to move the cat's litter tray when I want to print, it's 1.5m by 1.2m, there's no water supply except to the washing machine and it's hopeless in daylight, but it serves.

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My darkroom is in our laundry room. It has running water, a basin and a good-sized flat space for either of my two enlargers. Developing trays and/or developing drum I stick on top of the washer and dryer. I normally do darkroom work in the evening, when we're not doing laundry, so no conflict there. So far it's worked out well.

Jim Bielecki

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=Jim Chinn Worst part is the darkroom is the last room to get finished.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my wife figured that if the darkroom got done before the rest of the basement, nothing else would get done. She was probably right.

After a long anxious process, I finally have a permanent darkroom in the basement (originally laid out by the builder as optional laundry room) since there is a first floor laundry that made it perfect. The room adjacent is the 'light'room for finishing (mounting, etc).

Ok - breaks over - back into the darkroom

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There was a small dressing room connected to a small bathroom that I converted into a darkroom when we bought our home. It has a floor-to-ceiling row of shelves, built-in chest with drawers and a built-in cabinet above the chest. I fit a sheet of plywood over some filing cabinets to hold the processing trays and I cut another sheet to fit over the chest to hold the enlarger. The area is tight but workable. The bathroom shower holds the print washer. I do my film processing in the kitchen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Windowless bathroom for enlarger and new (to me) print developing tubes. I also load my film developing tanks there.

The enlarger sits on a sturdy stainless steel cart with wheels. When not in use, it is rolled out to a low use hallway.

There is room on the cart for bins with lids, to hold timer, safelight, chemistry, paper, etc.

I also have a (too small) dedicated cupboard in the bathroom, and a shelf in a cupboard near where the enlarger (an older Beseler 67C, with the single large column) spends its time.

Developing happens in the light in the kitchen. I miss the experience of the image appearing in the tray, but there is one consolation - I've never had a darkroom before that had a nice view before

Matt

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin