Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,445   Online: 1170

Shooter
    35mm

LPL 7700 Pro Alignment Issues?

Hi folks,

I picked up an LPL 7700 Pro a while ago in anticipation of building a darkroom. Since the latter has yet to happen I've not had a chance to try it out. However, I've had a tinker....

It has a knob that you twist to lock the head at a particular height and I've noticed that doing this actually causes the head to tilt back a little - possibly a few degrees. This suggests that I will have to be wary of alignment issues and that a bit of stopping down is in order.

I'm a relatively novice darkroom user so any advice or opinions either specific or general would be welcome.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Hi, the head is not supposed to move when you lock down the height. If yours is moving several degrees, I think that there is possibly something that needs to be tightened up or is damaged. (I have 2 LPL670VCCE enlargers and neither of them do that.)

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Check to column and see if it's bent, curved, twisted, etc. If the head is okay, keep it and perhaps look for a replacement for the column.

I'm not sure if this particular model has anyway to adjust and/or align once it goes out. I think it's a factory-aligned type. I have a similar model.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the replies. Overall it's in excellent condition. I've had a look at the assembly. The column appear fine, and unfortunately I can't see anything that's adjustable.

If I have to write it off it's no real loss as I bought it as part of a bundle with a CPE2, trays, graduates, tanks and so on.

Stephan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Check the alignment with the head locked since this is the only way that you are going to use it.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I had bad luck with mine as well. I could align it with a laser alignment tool, lower the head 1ft, raise the head 1ft, test the alignment again and it would be off. I wrestled with it for a while and couldn't get anywhere. While I was deciding what to do next I came across a used Durst Pictocrom which I believe uses the durst 1200 chassy? Anyway the Durst is a rock, I aligned it 6 months ago and it's still spot on. Since then I've decided to use the lpl for paper flashing and other jobs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    Check the alignment with the head locked since this is the only way that you are going to use it.
    Of course Dave, thanks. That's a good observation that I feel a little daft for not having made.
    Last edited by StephanJ; 04-28-2006 at 01:35 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Crap grammar

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images

tighten and then

Yes, and then you could shim the easel, if necessary.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Never buy an enlarger that can not be adjusted is the lesson.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin