Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,158   Online: 953

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Time-O-Lite question

This seems like an incredibly dumb question, but I simply don't know the answer.

I have a Time-O-Lite P-72 timer (or I think it's that model. It's fairly old and it is what I call the "standard" Time-O-Lite timer in the green/grey metal casing). Anyhow, I have used it for awhile, but realized something recently. Between the "zero" mark and the "60 second" mark is a space that equals about 4 seconds. I never looked, but assumed that as the timer ran down to zero it stopped. My timer goes to the 60 second mark. This means, for example, that if I set the timer for 12 seconds, it actually runs for 16-17 seconds.

I figured my timer was broken. So I went to the Adorama website and pulled up a picture of the Time-O-Lite P-72 timer. Lo and behold, the timer in the photo had the needle sitting on the "60 second" mark and not the "zero" mark. Is this right? Are these timers supposed to do this?

Any insights? Now, I have always been told that there is no such thing as a stupid question, but now I know that is not true. There CAN be stupid questions, and this one seems pretty stupid. It's just that the answer has me stumped. So I apologize in advance.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There is a pin at the bottom of the dial that prevents the setting hand from being turned less than zero, or greater than 60. There is a tab sticking up on the right side of the setting hand that prevents the second indicator from traveling any further to the right. Both of these should be in place.

If they are, then your red second indicator is out of alignment. There is a small slotted or allen key set screw that can be loosened and the hand set aright.
    Cheers,

Patrick

When you come to a fork in the road, take it...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin