Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,518   Posts: 1,572,202   Online: 1009

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes i mean regular quartz halogen bulb. I think the bulb that you found should work fine.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran
    Yes i mean regular quartz halogen bulb. I think the bulb that you found should work fine.
    Thanks. That's a bit of hope.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    firecracker,
    If you acquire these lamps DO NOT handle the bulb itself.
    They're called quartz halogen because the envelope containing the filament is quartz, the gas inside the envelope is halogen.
    If you handle the envelope, it will absorb oils from your skin and drastically shorten the life of the lamp. With the search you have made I don't think you want to do that.
    Prper handling would be to handle the lamp by the edges of the reflector, not touching the envelope at all. If for some reason you need to handle the envelope cover it with a tissue or kleenex.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer
    firecracker,
    If you acquire these lamps DO NOT handle the bulb itself.
    They're called quartz halogen because the envelope containing the filament is quartz, the gas inside the envelope is halogen.
    If you handle the envelope, it will absorb oils from your skin and drastically shorten the life of the lamp. With the search you have made I don't think you want to do that.
    Prper handling would be to handle the lamp by the edges of the reflector, not touching the envelope at all. If for some reason you need to handle the envelope cover it with a tissue or kleenex.
    Thanks for the advice. Okay, when I get one (and the enlarger), I'll be very careful to handle it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin