Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,664   Posts: 1,481,683   Online: 762

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Schneider APO Componon HM lenses are also said to be made for high magnification (the HM part), but I haven't seen manufacturer specs for their optimum magnification factor.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Three thousand clams. Wow. I'll have to think about that. I will look for a used one in the meantime.

You're right about Trixie. She's a good sheila, and not at all stuck up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    Three thousand clams. Wow. I'll have to think about that. I will look for a used one in the meantime.
    A LOT of clams. I got mine at an auction. A table full of lenses, and nobody saw but my pal Les. It was sold in a lot with a couple of El Nikkor 105s. A lunatic wouldn't stop bidding .... it took every penny in my pocket. A once-in-a-lifetime buy, but still, I'd have lost it had the guy had gone $5 higher.

Then I sold the guy the other two.

But take a look around. You never know.

Have you made an adjustable lens board to fine tune the alignment ?
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell
    Have you made an adjustable lens board to fine tune the alignment ?
    Alas, ignorance rears its familiar head. I have never heard of an adjustable lens board. I will proffer the following: I insert a sheet of glass in the carrier slot and use a common spirit level to check carrier alignment. I also check and adjust the surface and easel. When focusing an image, the grain magnifier is used on all four corners as well as the center. Of course the grain is difficult to pull out of Tech Pan negatives, but I try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fred Picker made these famous many years back. The idea is to be able to make fine adjustments with machine screws, to critically set the lens plane. They are easy to make. You can use three or four holes, probably three are better. Mine uses four because Steve Grimes was telling me a funny story while I was laying out the work and I was listening instead of working.

The sketch is conceptual.... meaning I THINK it's pretty close. Check to see that the screws and holes fit the opening of the enlarger.... helpful.

The foam should offer enough springiness to hold the boards apart. If not, add... springs !

Sometimes it's handy to make an adjustable bed for the easel as well.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Many thanks for the diagram. Being a perfectionist, I will cut and tap some 6061 T6 sheet this week end. Wait. Not this week end. Lacrosse, baseball, then another lacrosse. Next week end.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks to everyone for responding. And for responding so quickly. Until I close my next business deal I will procure Schneider's 90MM APO Componon High Modulation lens. This, of coarse, is merely a costly folly in my pursuit of a mint and boxed 105 EI.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't be LAX when it's time for pictures.

Lame, yes. But I'm going out for a bike ride.

-- have fun with the HM.... it'll be a beaut

d

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll have to ditto on the 80 mm APO Rodagon. I moved up from 16x20 to 20x24 and could really tell the difference! Sharper and richer color.
    Got a perfect one on Ebay for around $300.
    Good luck.
    Long live Ciba!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by davetravis
    I'll have to ditto on the 80 mm APO Rodagon. I moved up from 16x20 to 20x24 and could really tell the difference! Sharper and richer color.
    Got a perfect one on Ebay for around $300.
    Good luck.
    Long live Ciba!!!
    Who is Ciba, and does she any designs on Speed?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin