Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,086   Online: 906

Thread: 210 El Nikkor

Shooter
    Large Format

210 El Nikkor

I just received a 210 El Nikkor as part of a Beseler 8x10 head purchase. The lens does not have any click detents. Is this normal? Is there something that I can do to activate the detents?

Thanks for your wisdom,

John

Shooter
    Large Format
    I don't have this condition on my 150 Ell Nikkor. However my 80 Rodagon does have provision to disable the click stops and I mention it since you may have the same situation with your lens. On the Rodagon, there is a slide actuator on the barrel that can be slid to activate/deactivate the click stops. Beyond that, I don't know what might be going on with your lens. I don't know that I would like to work with a lens that could not be set and maintained at a given stop.

My 240 Schneider has click stops.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

John-I have the same lens. What exactly is the problem? The f stops just slide by and you leave it where you want it. am I missing something here? I know I use mine with no problems.
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The lack of click stops is a feature, you can set the aperture more exactly.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Large Format
    The early ones had click-stops, the later "N" ones do not. There is no way to change or modify them.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Large Format
    Peter - as I get older the ability to see the f stops in the dark is more difficult. I depend on the clicks to help me count the stops as I stop down the lens. Without the clicks, I guess I'll have to get a small flashlight to assist me. All things being equal, I would prefer the clicks. Thanks to all for sharing your information.

John

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Clicks

John-I'll be glad to send you a flashlight!!! By the way it is a great lens
    Best, Peter

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin