Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,509   Online: 794

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky
    I use LPD.

Michael
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Neutol liquid WA is available.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis Neel
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww
    Was your greenish cast really that bad, then? I've used LPD 1:4 on Ilford MGWT, and haven't experienced anything like that. It would be a turn off, I agree!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use Edwal Platinum II w/ Ilford WtFB and Forte PW papers, I love this developer. Diluted 1:40. Great tones and detail.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis Neel
    Arthur,

I'm in the states now, although I was in Paris for 3 years recently. You might be right about Gavert...I just haven't seen anyone selling it here. Maybe I need to check other places.
    Alexis,

I'm fairly sure Freestyle is selling Neutol, as they've picked up the other Agfa chems out there. Might want to give them a look-see.

Will be shipping back chems, papers, films from Germany later this year.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I like Ethol LPD, 1:4 to 1:6 is warm. 1:1 is blue black. Although i'd love to try another real warm-tone developer, ethol lpd keeps forever.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolleijoe
    Alexis,

I'm fairly sure Freestyle is selling Neutol, as they've picked up the other Agfa chems out there. Might want to give them a look-see.

Will be shipping back chems, papers, films from Germany later this year.
    Well it isn't listed in their catalog...at least the online version. Just got in an order and I'll see if they sent a hardcopy, then check in it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I mix my own Defender D-55 or Ansco 130 for printing with Forte PWT. The D-55 is a very clean developer, producing a good tonal range. However the Forte suffers the greenish cast in it. The Ansco is also very good, but expensive and the glycin can be somewhat tougher to dissolve. Since I tone all prints in Nelsons Gold Toner, the cast has not been a problem. However, I was wondering if the formulas for the Edwal, or Zonal Pro were available anywhere? I don't usually buy any chemistry off the shelf anymore, prefering to mix and tweak my own.

DS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ansco 130 is worth trying because it has a very long tray life, something you mentioned as being important. I've not yet tried it with Forte papers (although I will soon), it is a beautiful developer with the Ilford and Agfa papers with which I've used it. Greater dilution results in softer contrast and a warmer tone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=To make 4 liters stock solution:

Water (125f) 2 liters
    Metol 10 grams
    Sodium Sulfilte Anhy 150 grams
    Potassium Carbinate Anhy 200 grams
    Potassium Bromide 100 grams*
    Water to make 4 liters[/QUOTE]

Any information on substituding Sodium Carbonate for the Potassium Carbonate? I'm thinking the sodium compound would be very similar, but would require a different dilution. I've got a lot of it here and could compare the developer against the original D-55 and the Ansco 135 formula. The 135 does a nice job with Forte papers and doesn't produce the green cast.

D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin