Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,177   Online: 1167

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Omega Dichroic Color Head

I see used Omega Dichroic Color Heads offered for sale. They all seem to be for D5 or ProLab enlargers. Can these be assembled on a DII enlarger? What, if any, fixes have to applied to make it work?
    Thanks
    John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If nobody knows for sure you can can check the KHB website and see if it has the info.

http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcliff
    I see used Omega Dichroic Color Heads offered for sale. They all seem to be for D5 or ProLab enlargers. Can these be assembled on a DII enlarger? What, if any, fixes have to applied to make it work?
    Thanks
    John
    The parts required to mount a D Dichroic II head on a D2 were available the last time I looked and dealers may have them as NOS sitting on a dusty shelf (don't mention that to my boss). I think you will find however that, unless the head is free, the price of a used head plus the cost of the parts to mount it will equal or exceed the cost of a used D w/ the head on it.
    Celac.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, I think you maybe correct. I have seen whole enlargers priced in the $200-300 range. Good input. Thanks.
    John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I know of the website below where you should be able to find out.

http://www.classic-enlargers.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Peter
    Thanks. I found the answer at "Harry's place" Question is do I want to spend the money or just keep on with the filters.
    John

Filters are a pain. You lack fine control and they get dusty and dirty. I used them for 4x5 before I found a decent D6 with color head. I`ll never go back.

I have always had smaller format dichroics.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin