Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,529   Online: 1118

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I recall correctly my D 3 is taller then the B22, I can make a 16X20 from a 6X6 without rotating the unit to shoot to the floor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The B22 also came in a B22XL version (the one I have) capable of 16x enlargements from 35mm on the baseboard with a 50mm lens.
    To someone's comment, it is a condensor enlarger as manufactured, but a cold light is still available from Aristo for just under $300, with the V54 lamp.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss
    . . . I can't be sure, but I think the B22 had a filter holder underneath the lens. . . .
    -Dorothy
    The B22 has a filter drawer. As I recall, it also has a filter holder that can be swung beneath the lens. I've used that to control long exposures where the negative would pop.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jim is right about the filter drawer, I forgot about that. It allows the VC filter to be in the light path, rather than the optical path below the enlarger. He also reminded me of using the red underneath filter to leave the light on for a while between focusing and exposing, while you put the paper in, so the negative stays buckled through exposure. Of course, with cold light, mentioned earlier, this is not a problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gphoto120
    I'd like some advice regarding Omega B22 and the D2 series enlargers. I just started back in the darkroom and bought a B22 in great condition.

I'll be using it for 35mm and 6x6. What benefits if any would I gain using these 2 formats by moving up to the D series enlarger assuming that I'll be using a good quality lens ( Rodenstock/Schneider) for both formats?
    Thanks for any input!
    GP
    If you just bought it, keep it. If you have the money, have both. You can use the B22 for flashing when you do Split Grade Printing.

I started with the B22. If your ceiling is high enough, I'd definitely upgrade. IMHO. The options are just so much greater. Also, if you use a dichroic head/diffuser, the light is brighter. It's so much easier to see what you're doing. Who knows, once you're hooked, you might even move up to 4x5 shooting. Graphics are cheap these days!

Have we confused you enough yet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin