Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,755   Posts: 1,516,004   Online: 866

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BIG prints

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Funny... last evening my daughter had a soccer game in Council Bluffs (just across the river from Omaha) and on the way home, there is old #4023. It is all painted up on top of the hill where I-80 comes into Nebraska. Here is a link to some photos showing the moving process, and final location.

http://www.uphs.org/4023move.html

I just might have to go take some picts myself, although they will never be printed larger than 11x14 or 16x20 (inches - not feet).

later
    Those who don't think Photographers have the skills of REAL artists such as painters obviously have not had to spot my prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm going to be building an 8x10 enlarger when I build my new darkroom later this year, and the enlarger will basically consist of a light source (yet to be designed, but something like the one Adams shows in his darkroom...can't remeber if it's in "The Negative" or "The Print") and a Korona Pictorial View camera that I purchased and rebuilt. I have a bunch of process lenses and will play with them to find which ones work well for enlarging.

For the negative holder I'm going to try to build something out of springs and clips that will hold the negative tight without having any glass involved. (Bruce Wehman shows one on his web site in the Tech section under "Corner Pull Negative Carrier".)

I'll probably use some form of flourescent for the light source, and use Ilford 6x6 filters behind the lens for contrast control.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an 8x10 Alan Ross/Aristo/Beseler style cold light head and negative stage for sale if you are inteested. It was designed for the Beseler 45 series, with the 8x10 conversion kit, and I'm sure could be tweaked to fit your unit. If interested, email me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Alexis. I'll be in touch when I'm back from Paris in a few weeks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah Paris. J'ai vécu là pendant 3 années. Have a Pastis on any sidewalk cafe for me.

Of course you'll have to pay for it...but it will be worth it.

Bon Voyage

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Three years Alexis...how wonderful that must have been.

This will be my fourth trip, but they've all been business trips. The downside: Limited time for expoloring and photography. The upside: Paris is the perfect city when someone else is paying the bills.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin