Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,884   Online: 966

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    ...what you should do is invest in a 25-sheet pack of each of them, and make a set of reference prints on each paper from a few different negatives. This will tell you much more than you can learn on an internet forum.
    Yup. But, an internet forum will give me a few papers to try out that seem to work well. The problem is I really haven't kept up with *any* printing paper, so getting some starting points as reference here is a good thing.
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've switched back to Ilford Galerie, as my main paper.mixed with a bit of Multigrade FB.
    -Rob Skeoch

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I'm trying out Kentmere Bromide G 2,3 and it looks really good when toned in selenium.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I highly recommend trying the Forte Polygrade paper with Ansco 130. My paper of choice prior to it's removal from the market was Kodak Polymax FA FB.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Isn't it nice that in this "digital" age we have so many choices? I'd look at Adox from JandC Photography. Great stuff. Also Varycon from Freestyle. Nice, and cheap! Dean
    dphphoto

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are actually loads of good papers about tho I am v sad about the demise of Agfa MCC - a wonderful allrounder.

Fotospeed legacy is lovely as are the Forte papers (fortezo, polywt and polgrade all delicious). I a not a great fan of Ilford MG but that might just be that it curve does not suit how I dev my films, enlarger head, taste etc...I have some Zone 6 graded which I suspect is either gallerie or kentmere bromide as it is made in the UK and graded...must be one or tuther! Very rich lgowing paper with lots of depth.

Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin