Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,629   Online: 975

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

I have a crazy idea.

I have this idea similar to the of the analyzer pro but taking a step further. I would call it the "NO FUN Analyzer" as it would take all the fun out of enlarging. Well it's basically a flat bed scanner without the light source or the top lid. You would put it where the easel is and project the image on the flat bed. The scanner would then scan the image and with a time value enter by you to the computer it would display on the screen an image that looks like your final print. Adjustment then can be made to get the image you want. Once you get the image you like on the monitor and then use the same setting for your print. Of course, it would have to be calibrated for the type of paper you use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A scanner would take approximately 10000x the time needed by a regular analyser.

G

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Wouldn't it be easier to just make a test strip?

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran
    ...Well it's basically a flat bed scanner without the light source or the top lid. You would put it where the easel is and project the image on the flat bed. The scanner would then scan the image and with a time value enter by you to the computer it would display on the screen an image that looks like your final print. Adjustment then can be made to get the image you want. Once you get the image you like on the monitor and then use the same setting for your print...
    Well, so much about ANALOGUE print making

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Dear Haris,

Well, it is sort of analogous to print making...

Cheers,

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kind of like a Fuji Frontier machine made by MacGyver.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macgyver for those fortunate enough never to have seen the show.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds like the 11x14 legal scanner that some guy taped to the back of his LF camera and carried around in the back of his truck with the camera, generator and such, not a new idea..

R.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran
    I have this idea similar to the of the analyzer pro but taking a step further. I would call it the "NO FUN Analyzer" as it would take all the fun out of enlarging. Well it's basically a flat bed scanner without the light source or the top lid. You would put it where the easel is and project the image on the flat bed. The scanner would then scan the image and with a time value enter by you to the computer it would display on the screen an image that looks like your final print. Adjustment then can be made to get the image you want. Once you get the image you like on the monitor and then use the same setting for your print. Of course, it would have to be calibrated for the type of paper you use.
    Regardless of what others might think and speaking from about thirty years of print making, I think that you have the basis for something that is not presently produced.

I think that rather then wasting skads of paper, it makes sense to have a program utilizing a scanner and the ability to determine the exposure scale of the negative...futhermore to have the ability to utilize a PS type of program to do burns, dodges, and masks on the computer for viewing before doing the final print on silver paper or other process.

It seems to me that this is a logical means of combining two technical disciplines to the betterment of silver printing.

I encourage anyone who has the foresight to find new ways...
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hmmm...

Well, seeing as I print for 'fun'...! :rolleyes:
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sure sounds like the flying spot scanners we use on a daily basis in motion picture timing/grading; A plus is that they are analog!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin