Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,102   Online: 837

NY (USA), Kyiv (UKRAINE), Moscow (RUSSIA)
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Durst PICTOCHROM Profi Elite in B&W works

Good day for all!

Is any specific problem in printing 6x6cm negs up to x10-12 enlagment? May be problem vith tonal reproduction, light sensor quality, etc?
    --
    With best wishes,
    Sergei Shablovsky

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey_Shablovsky
    Good day for all!

Is any specific problem in printing 6x6cm negs up to x10-12 enlagment? May be problem vith tonal reproduction, light sensor quality, etc?
    I wouldn't have thought that say a 10 times enlargement would give any problems in terms of quality. This is only the equivalent of enlarging a 35mm neg to a print size of 24cms by 36 cms or about 9 inches by 14 inches in the imperial measurement system. Most slow 35mm film developed in a fine grain developer would still be OK at an enlargement of 10 times without grain being a problem.

I still have difficulty thinking in centimetres. Those of us in N America or the UK who are now middle-aged are more used to thinking in inches.

pentaxuser

Convert inches to metric Cm by multiplying inches x 2.54. IE 10 in x 2.25 =25cm or 250 mm

I can`t even use the measuring devices in the kitchen, cups teaspoons etc. They make absolutely no sense at all.

My new car has a spedo that can be changed to Km with the push of a button. No more dual scale junk.

Metric is coming, get used to it. The rest of the world does not understand us and the English. Metric is totally entrenched in the scientic world and has been forever.

10x prints are no problem at all with decent enlarging lenses and a well alligned enlarger.

Minimum grain will be if you overexpose one stop and cut development 20 %.

You will be impressed with Delta 100 exposed at 50, developed in D76 1:1 for 7.5 min or Hp5 at 200. Tri x at 200 and D76 undiluted for 4.75 min or 7 at 1:1.

All these times are for a condenser enlarger and #2 grade paper. Ilford agitated 10/60 and Kodak 5/30.

Have fun.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin